grouped order quantities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grouped order quantities

If a page of say 20 items has a single add to cart button is there a way creating a minimum order quantity based not around the single items but from a selection of items off the page?

So if the minimum order quantity is 3;
    i.e. if they buy 2 of one and one of another that is OK, but if they buy 2 single items they get bounced.

Can't see any way of doing this - I dont want to set a minimum quantity of 3 for each product as that is wrong for what I'm doing - and a minimum order value for the site will mess up other things which are low value but OK!

Regards,

Phil
    ** http://www.diygear.com THE Online DIY Toolstore For DIY & Business
    ** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
    ** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
    ** Sun Cobalt iForce Reseller - Canon Silver Reseller
    ** Tel / Fax 0121 458 4894 (office) 0121 441 3558 (home)

I'm afraid there is no way to do this in Actinic.

You may be able to do some JavaScript validation which reads all the fields on the page and then adds the values together, but this code would probably have to be added after the page is generated.

I will add this to the wish list.

Comment

Cheers Chris,

I had a good search around to see if there was any obvious way, it seems such a useful addition I'm genuinely surprised it has never surfaced before as a question - it's certainly the next logical progression for the single add to cart button on the page!

Regards,

Phil
      ** http://www.diygear.com THE Online DIY Toolstore For DIY & Business
      ** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
      ** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
      ** Sun Cobalt iForce Reseller - Canon Silver Reseller
      ** Tel / Fax 0121 458 4894 (office) 0121 441 3558 (home)

Comment

same thing?

on my website i wish to sell several different brands (each brand consists of several different products e.g. t-shirts, caps etc ) but i want to set a surcharge for a particular brand (say ?10) if the total order for that brand is below a certain amount (say ?100).

is this possible?
        Business Plus V9.0.5
        Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

This is not possible I'm afraid. At the moment, Actinic treats all products as one group, and it is not possible to apply rules to specific sub-sets of the product range.

This functionality is, however, slated for a future release.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're after but I've just finished an(other) extension to Actinic that allows lots of varieties of a product (like colours and sizes) to be ordered together by displaying a table of quantity cells where you can fill in the counts you want in each variety.

This honours the miniumum / maximum quantity levels and carries the table through to the cart and checkout pages, where it may be amended within the quantity limits.

It's mainly designed for items like clothing where you may want to order lots of different quantities in various colours and sizes, all at the same price without numerous trips to / from the cart.

You can see it in www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html where there's a demo download for 6.1.2 only.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I can verify these are outstanding addons for anyone in the clothing type businesses. I'm using them both and they are terrific.

I've found no similar functionality available in any other shopping cart on the market. It's a great solution Norman has come up with at a great price.

I've been waylayed by family type business the past week or so but I've used both extensions and they work easily and perfectly.

Thanks

Comment

Is this in V7 ?

Originally posted by cdicken
                I'm afraid there is no way to do this in Actinic.

<snip>

I will add this to the wish list.
                Has this been included in V7 ? This is exactly the functionality I need but I cannot find it there.

Or does anybody have a workaround? I have seen Norman's post about multiples of 12 bottles, and that solution was, with a little tweaking, perfect because his solution was able to be put into "Act_Primary.html" (business site with trade & retail and the quantity only applies to trade) but the client would not be happy with the visual side of it. Is there a nicer way to integrate Norman's brill solution ?

Sorry so many questions in one post, but they are so closely related . . .
                I have reserved my place in the home for the terminally confused !

Comment

Re the Single Add to Cart and only allowing this to work if there is at least pre-set number of items ordered.

This could be done with some JavaScript hacking. Something like setting an onclick or onsubmit event on the single add button, with code that looks at the values in all form fields beginning "Q_" (that's where the Product Quantities are set) and denying the form submission if the total doesn't exceed a Customvar.

However while that would be fairly easy yo implement you'd still have the problem of customers being able to alter quantities when subsequently viewing the Cart.

Norman
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                  X