Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NorPrice Currency Conversion Question

Hi Norman

Another question about your excellent currency conversion patch.

We have had NorPrice installed now for some time and it has been well recieved - it is easy to use and customers are using it.

Of course the customers need to click on the link to use it and whilst many of our USA customers are clicking - alot are not. This is simply because we have learnt many customers dont look at a page in detail. So whilst we have attemted to raise visibility there is only so much that can be done.

Therefore is it possible to modify the patch so that a second currency (USD) appears visible (next to the main price as standard) as soon as the customer enters the site.

Many thanks

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Has adding the converter made any difference to sales, etc Paul? Maybe hard to judge if it has, I've been thinking of adding some sort of converter myself so any feedbacks appreciated.

Thanks.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Hi George

It is begining to but there is still alot of tweaking to do.

For instance I believe this request is a big one. Many of our US customers are not clicking on the currency convertor (I think this is because they are not seeing the button). Therefore the customers are browsing the page using the wrong currency - this must not give a customer much confidence.

Furthermore many of our US customers stay on a page for less then a couple of seconds - it seems they are a tougher crowd to manage.

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Bath, England
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

We've quite a few customers from the USA already but I do see a few comments in the feedback forms requesting currency conversion. I have a link to a conversion page that is shown on our FAQ page, just been considering making it a bolder link in one of the sidebar boxes. I've seen another Actinic site with a good currency set-up, possibly the Jo Bananas site.

I find the US is sometimes hyper about delivery though, lol.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Hi George

Jo Bananas looks like Norman's NorPrice to me. It is really good and very easy to install.

I like the button right next the price. I might try that.

(But if it is still possible to do the original request I am interested in that)

Paul
          KJ Beckett
          Bath, England
          Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

I recently added the capability to have little icons that switch to a perticular country. I think Paul already uses that. Putting that icon code in Act_ProductPrice would make it appear gainst every items price.

The thing Paul wants and (I don't know how to solve - perhaps others do) is:

Is there any way to reliably fire off some JavaScript depending on the geographical location of the page viewer?

Could PHP deliver such conditional code?
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

The automatic currency depending on location would be excellent however I had assumed this would be very complicated.

I actually wanted something a little simplier (???) in that USA is my primary overseas audience and therefore is it possible to have USD NorPrice currency conversion preselected?

Then, should someone want to switch to another currency they would simply click on the NorPrice link and the USD currency would be replaced. Just as it would if a customer clicked on USA then say Euro.

Paul
              KJ Beckett
              Bath, England
              Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Working...
              X