Web Counters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Counters?

I have had a look at www.statcounter.com which seems OK but do not know where to add the supplied HTML code.
    Does it go in one of the templates (act_brochure_primary, act_brochure_primary etc.) or should I be adding into to a brochure page or fragments within Actinic?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good, free web counter/stats system?
    Steve D
    Boomedia Ltd
    www.ukpets247.co.uk

If you need each of the brochure and catalogue pages to be counted then you need to add into Act_Primary and Act_BrochurePrimary

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I use webhostingcounter.com and it works fine with Actinic.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
        If you need each of the brochure and catalogue pages to be counted then you need to add into Act_Primary and Act_BrochurePrimary
        Hi folks, could someone please explain this procedure to a beginner please?

Comment

Depends on which counter you are using and their installation instructions .. but the concept is essentially the same for all....

Actinic uses 3 main master templates to create your site.. as default these are

Act_Primary.html
          Act_PrimaryCheckout.html
          Act_BrochurePrimary.html

you will therefore need to add your code into each of the above which can be found in the root of the site1 folder. Exact installation guides should be available by whoever is providing the script .... the above templates are basic HTML pages so simply follow their guidelines.

Bikster

Comment

Actinic uses 3 main master templates to create your site.. as default these are

Act_Primary.html
            Act_PrimaryCheckout.html
            Act_BrochurePrimary.html
            Thanks for your reply but I cannot find any of these pages in site1 or anywhere on my system.

Comment

On a standard windows installation use windows explorer and navigate to :

C:\program files\actinic v7\sites

you will see a mass of Act_template.html there.

Alternatively do a search for Act_Primary.html and it will list where they are being stored.

Or inside Actinic Design | Options | Layouts .. here you can click on the templates in use to edit.

Or inside Actinic Advanced | Template Manager

Bikster

Comment

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good, free web counter/stats system?
                normally stats come free with your webhosting account

Comment

C:\program files\actinic v7\sites
                  Sorry I didn't realise I was in v7 support, I have version 8. There doesn't seem to be any instructions in v8 support either!

Comment

There doesn't seem to be any instructions in v8 support either
                    Yes there is - try looking again.

Comment

Working...
                    X