Crashes when attempting to export snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes when attempting to export snapshot

Hi, is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I try to export a snapshot Actinic just dies before it's even really begun... I've tried patching up to the latest one & still nothing, re-installing is not an option as i'd end up loosing my clients shop! Any ideas? Desperately seeking reasurrance here...

Has any one happened to hear on the grapevine as to whether the next version will actually be released WITHOUT any bugs or is that a little optimistic?

Many thanks in advance...

Usual cuplrits for this are:

1. having the focus on a fragment or section - click on a product then export
    2. try compacting the databases

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I've tried both of those... still nothing...

Comment

the next version will actually be released WITHOUT any bugs
        Impossible - every single piece of software ever written has bugs - some are important, some are not, and some are still waiting to be discovered, but a bug-free software universe is just never going to happen.

For the complexity of the programme, the number of discovered bugs in Actinic is impressively small - keep up the good work development.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by RMJ
          Has any one happened to hear on the grapevine as to whether the next version will actually be released WITHOUT any bugs or is that a little optimistic?
          You can probably count on 1 hand the total number of software packages ever released that do not have bugs. Even if the program source code is checked beyond doubt and is perfect it only needs installing on a different set up of pc, different video card, hard drive etc and something can go wrong with said perfect code.

Seems in the real world people demand the latest software here and now and are prepared to suffer the bugs / patches rather than wait anothe 2 years until comprehensive testing is carried out.

To be fair to Actinic if a bug does arise (and often the case due to the massive complexity of the product as used in the real world) they often respond with a patch / fix / workaround very very quickly

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I think you took my post about bugs a little too literally!! Ok so i'm the only one that thinks that not being able to export an snapshot should be a high priority to fix... I've just done a search and discovered people were having the same problem in September last year... and there don't seem to be any solutions other than the two outlined here already (thank you by the way).

I except that all programmes will have 'bugs' but one that is important as this requires immediate attention, where are all the developers in these numerous posts about the same problem I'm having? I've only found one reply, back in september, saying he agrees it's a very important matter that should be looked into immediately.

Originally posted by jont
            Seems in the real world people demand the latest software here and now and are prepared to suffer the bugs / patches rather than wait anothe 2 years until comprehensive testing is carried out.
            I would much rather have stayed with an earlier version if it meant I could do my job properly rather than be sold a latest one which meant I'd then spen an extra few hours trying to fix things, and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one.

Comment

RMJ,

Is this issue settled or are you still having problems exporting a snapshot of the site? If the issue still exists, can you try changing the script id in Network Settings and then try making a snapshot. This does sound a bit of a long shot but has cured the problem in cases. If this too does not help I would suggest raising a support query @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm so that someone from support can take a look at a back up of your site to see why it causes the issue.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X