Permutations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutations

I am building a site for a manufacturing company. they manufacture promotional products. the product is award ribbons that are hot foil stamped (embossed). they have a custom ribbon that comes in 13 different sizes. Each Size is offered discount pricing based on quantity. The ribbon comes in 22 dfferent colors that affect the price (e.g., hot color ribbon is 15% more and red, white and blue ribbon is 40% more) The problem I have is I have setup a component for the different Ribbon sizes and added the 13 different choices with quantity discount prices. through permutations I have been able to setup a drop down for customers to select the ribbon size. I have setup a different component for the ribbon colors with all of the choices. I can not seem to get the ribbon colors to increase the Ribbon pricing by the percentages I need. any sugestions.

You need to combine both the size and the color into one component.
    Component - Choices
    Attribute - Size
    Choice - Size 1
    Choice - Size 2, etc.

Attribute - Color
    Choice - Black
    Choice - Red
    Choice - Purple, etc.

When you fill the permutations you'll see:

Size 1 - Black
    Size 1 - Red
    Size 1 - Purple
    Size 2 - Black
    Size 2 - Red
    Size 3 - Purple, etc.

It's very time consuming to fill in the prices...and I've never tried exporting to CSV and re-importing...if you can master that it might be easier because of Excel's copy and paste ability.

HTH

Jeff
    Jeff Pollack
    www.alldawgs.com
    www.profleeceusa.com
    www.4dogclubsonly.com
    www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Permutations

I have tried the permutations you have recommended where I have a Component for Sizes and one for Plates and the issue I have is quantity. is there a way to allow the clients to select the quntity for the product where the template quantity is always one?

Comment

Unfortunately, not that I've ever found. I've always resorted to having a separate product for screens/plates/digitizing...depending on the process. You can then lock that product to 'quantity is always 1'.

Some people in the industry just divide the set-up by the quantity and add it to the pricing for the product itself. It sometimes leads to making your prices seem higher but it does give you the ability to say 'Free Set-up'.
        Jeff Pollack
        www.alldawgs.com
        www.profleeceusa.com
        www.4dogclubsonly.com
        www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Working...
        X