Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Feeds

Hi,

I use the 'export Froogle Feed' facility on my Catalog v7 every few days, but now need to export the same data but into a different format for edirectory.co.uk.

I have a copy of the format and wonder if it is possible to do this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kate

If you search the forum for froogel feed or shopzilla feed you'll see some people have developed or are developing feed programs, but I haven't seen anything about edirectory. I think you will have to do this manually by manipulating your froogle feed in excel - at least until someone develops a feed generator for it.

Duncan R

Comment

Edirectory is quite tricky actually, I don't know of a feed for it, but they do have Actinic sites listed.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

I have a few products listed, which I had to load manually into their merchant centre, however, I would like to list all of my products which would be 2500+ and I am certainly not able to add those manually.

It would make a big difference to my sales if I could load all products, but I am just trying to find a way of producing a product feed easily.

As Actinic automatically produces a feed for Froogle, would it be that hard to tweak it to produce a feed in the edirectory format?

Kate.

Comment

With the growing popularity of product directories, hopefully v8 will allow a choice of feed generators (one can always dream ). Until then, your best bet is to go with Duncan's solution and tweak your existing Froogle feed to the Edirectory format via excel.
          www.gbradley.co.uk
          Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it has been mentioned several times now, that I may have to look at Excel to help with a quick fix - now I just have to work out how on earth to do what I need to do in Excel, as I am no expert on that software either!!

Kate

Comment

Kate,

If you could send me the format for the feed you want, or a URL where I can look at the specification, I will look at adding this feed to BCNessFeed.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
              X