upload problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload problem

I am trying to upload a site to a server. It uploads all the files fine until it gets to "merging incremental updates at the website..." it throws up the error -

An error has occured while merging files on the remote site. Bad catalog username or password. Check your Housekeeping | Security settings and try again. If that fails, try refreshing the site.

Now i have tried refreshing the site and also deleteing everything off the server and uploading a fresh.

This is the first time we have been uploaded to this particular server (a windows server), we have also had it running on a different server while we built and tested it (unix server) but have never had any problems uploading there? the windows server has a shop on it already but then again the unix one has 4-5 so i dont think this would cause a problem.

Anyone anythoughts?

Thanks

MArtin

If there are other Actinic sites on the server it is possible that some of them are using the same cgi-id number (Advanced / Network Setup / <can't rember the exact field name as I'm not at an Actinic system>).

All sites must have a unique id number.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

hmmm, changed it to number 2, getting a different error message now though saying just error merging file?

any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Run the Network Test in Advanced / Network Setup and report any problems. You should also do a "Refresh" after making any Network changes. Did you do that?
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi

I have totally deleted the site altogether from the server and renamed the script number to 10 as a test and getting the error message

An error occured while sending the merge request.

and that is all?????

The network tests all works fine

Comment

This is a strange one.. what are the premissions on the acatalog folder and cgi-bin folder? Do the files within the acatalog folder have write permissions for the owner? What is the complete error message you get, does it indicate a particular script or anything else?

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

I am having the same thing

An error occured when sending the merge request
              Cheers

http://www.bicyclerubber.com
              All the rubber your bikes need and some!

Comment

Please try changing the number of your script id in Advanced | Network Setup, save and 'OK'. Now try doing a refresh.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X