PayPal setup error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal setup error

I have just tried to set up PayPal as a new payment option, but received the following error on clicking the configure button.

Payment service provider, Paypal, failed to register properly - class ID ({AC070065-43EE-11D2-9520-080000511272})

Clicking the OK button brought up a PSP configuration screen which did not contain any useful fields where I could enter the account information.

What do I need to do to resolve this?

The two error notices are attached.
    Attached Files
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Seems Friday is a bad day to post, no replies, or is it that no one knows the answer? Could a re-load of Catalog be the answer?
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Comment

Hi,

In the web site discription, you need to put your registered paypal email address in, your paypal error 2 pic shows that you have just entered paypal in?

Thanks
      Lee
      Many Thanks
      Lee
      Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Comment

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately it does not solve the problem.

Paypal was already filled in for 'Web Site Description' field, changing it to the e-mail address registered with PayPal makes no difference. Presumably as it follows the error notice in the first graphic.

The screen shot in second graphic is not the same screen as that shown in the Actinic manual, which has more blank fields.
        Mick Jackson
        Jackson's Fishing Tackle
        www.jackfish.net

Comment

Hi,

got it wrong, in the web site details you can enter what you want the customer to see ie. pay via PayPal or something similar.

You should then have a greyed out box with PayPal and under that there should be a box with the title "merchant ID" this should contain your PayPal email address.

It may be worth deleting the paypal row, apply and close business settings, then re-open and try again, for more info try here:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/psp/paypal/

Kind Regards
          Lee
          www.hobuk.co.uk
          Many Thanks
          Lee

Comment

Thanks, you have confirmed what I suspected, in that I am not seeing the screen to enter the details required.

What I need to know is what is causing the problem with the error notice and if any program files are possibly corrupt and need replacing with originals or would a complete re-load of Actinic be the answer.
            Mick Jackson
            Jackson's Fishing Tackle
            www.jackfish.net

Comment

Hi,

If there is a problem with the PayPal template you should just be able to paste a new template in rather that having to re-install Actinic maybe someone from Actinic support could help with this?

Thanks
              Lee
              www.hobuk.co.uk
              Many Thanks
              Lee

Comment

Mick,

I would suggest uninstalling "Actinic Payment Service Providers Component v7" from 'Add or Remove Programs'. Once done reinstall PSPSetup.Exe.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, that was the answer I was looking for.

The "Actinic Payment Service Providers Component v7" was not present in 'Add or remove programs' list. I must have removed it earlier, thinking I would not need it.

Now working OK. Thanks again
                  Mick Jackson
                  Jackson's Fishing Tackle
                  www.jackfish.net

Comment

Bit too quick of the mark with my last post.

On upload I received another error regarding file path, see enclosed screen shot.

Hopefully another quick fix is on the way.

Thanks
                    Attached Files
                    Mick Jackson
                    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
                    www.jackfish.net

Comment

Have you entered all the details correctly in Business Settings | Payment and Security... ? Click on PayPal and then on the 'Configure Method' button to the right. Here you need to enter the Merchant ID.

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

I did that, e-mail address entered as user ID, then got the error on upload.
                        Mick Jackson
                        Jackson's Fishing Tackle
                        www.jackfish.net

Comment

You ill also get this error if you do not have an ouput folder at this location C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\CommonOCC\Output if you do not have one create it and the issue should resolve itself.

Kind regards,
                          Bruce King
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Me thinks the clue was in the error message. Created the folder and it uploaded fine.

Oh, to have brains that you know how to use mine was being used elsewhere at the time

Problem solved. Thank you yet again.
                            Mick Jackson
                            Jackson's Fishing Tackle
                            www.jackfish.net

Comment

Working...
                            X