Relative navigation-warning given

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relative navigation-warning given

I have html coded my navigation map within act_primary using relative links.

This works fine, but when I either upload the site or take a snapshot I get the following message:

"Warning: The HTML templates specify source files (with "SRC=" commands) that reside in directories other than the acatalog directory on the web site. Actinic can not handle these files and they are being omitted from the list of files to upload.

No source files in the templates should have a path. Store them in the site specific directory locally, and they will be uploaded to the Actinic web directory."

It gives me the option of not showing this warning again, and I have deduced that is the "../index.html" link that it dislikes. this is the only link that uses the "/".

As it seems to work fine, should I just tick the don't show this again box and carry on, or am I likely to have further problems?
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

The only files that have a SRC= command are your images. The warning is telling you you have at least one link to an image file that is not in your site1 folder - maybe C:\Documents and Settings\My Pictures\someimage.jpg

The trouble with this sort of error is that the image will exist on your machine, in the specified location - it's just the rest of the world that will not be able to find it.

[added]
    Had a quick look and did not find it, but I found a missing ; in your Act_Primary - at the top of your shop pages you will see " &nbspThe Online Store for" etc.
    [/add]
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Blimey, what sharp eyes you have. Thanks.

Although it indicates an src error, I don't think that is the problem.

If I take out the following line from the navigation:

<ul><li><a href="../index.html">Home page text</a></li></ul>

The error does not occur, everything on the site works, no missing images or files.

With the line in there, everything still works, nothing seems to be missing but the error message comes up. It is as if the forward slash gets it looking for a src that it does not need.
      Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Have a look in your actinic.css file - see if you have an image specified for the <li> tag bullet.
        Bill

Comment

Does not seem to be the problem;

li{
          color:#ff0000;
          list-style-type:square;
          }

Also the list is ok on the other links. It just seems to be once the / to the root is in the link.

Just a thought Bill. If you have a moment, could you try sticking a "../index.html" link into one of your pages and try doing a snapshot. It could just be a bug in actinic.
          Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

BUG &lt;a href=&quot;../index.html&quot;&gt; confirmed

Graham,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this. I added and <a href="../index.html>No page</a> to my Act_primary so that it propagated across the whole site - I then got the error when I tried to snapshot.

Removed the code and snapshotted successfully.

You have found a bug.
            Bill

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to do that Bill.

I shall carry on ignoring and cancelling the message each time for the moment as I am fairly happy that nothing is really going wrong.
              Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

The reason for the error message appearing is because the refrence to the file in the link using the '../' indicates files that are outside the acatalog folder online. The link is to the index.html in the root not the index.html in the acatalog folder, as that one needs to be represented as just 'index.html'. The alternate is to provide the full URL to the href= or to leave it as it is and select "Do not show this warning in future" when it appears next.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

I shall tick the box.

I did try the absolute link method but to my mind it seemed to increase the page load time.

Thanks
                  Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X