Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problem offering credit card payment and invoice locations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem offering credit card payment and invoice locations!

I thought that the following problems were because I was viewing the site in test mode, but after unticking "test mode" in the Payments section, double-checking the SSL details and putting the site live I just can't seem to find any settings to correct the problems:

1. Although "payment by credit card" is placed as the top option and should therefore be the first method offered to customers, it never actually appears on the checkout page when you check out (only the PayPal, details sent separately and invoice options appear).

2. Also in the checkout page, "invoice location" is a mandatory drop-down box which isn't really needed. It doesn't include the UK in the list at all, and therefore disallows customers from purchasing. Any idea how to either get rid of this option completely, or edit the list of countries shown? (Business Settings>Shipping settings are configured to be limited by location, with all popular purchasing countries in the list).

The site is www.ThaiSilkandSapphires.com

Hi Carl

1. To clarify, is the Credit Card option Limited by Location in Payment and Security ?

2. To have just 1 set of drop-down lists in the Select Shipping Destination page, you need to select Tax by Delivery Address in View | Business Settings | Tax.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika, thanks for your reply.

1. Yes, the Credit Card option is currently Limited By Location - I included specific countries. Should I deselect this option?

2. At the moment the settings are using Simple Tax Method because the company is non VAT registered, so to use one drop-down box instead of the two, should I use the Advanced Method? If so, which settings in that should I use so as to negate the need for VAT for customers?

Many thanks,

Carl

Comment

Hi Carl

Yes please, can you try deactivating the Limited by Location option ? This should take care of the drop-down as well. Let me know if it still does not work.
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X