Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section list amendment

Hi
    i am trying to add a simple white line in between the section lists on the left hand side of my site.
    I have looked in my overall template, but dont see the code. What i do see is:
    tr>
    <tr>
    <td><font size="1" class="nav">NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP</font></td>
    </tr>

Is this contolling the appearance of this part of the table?
    If so how do i access it to change it?

Grateful for any help!
    Cakes Cookies and Crafts Shop
    Cookie Cutters
    Cake Decorating Supplies
    Chocolate Making Equipment

What is the file called ...

What is the name of 'Section' file called ?

Click On
    Code:
    Layout > Section Link Layout > Edit
    What I have found useful is to save this file as Act_SectionName_MySection.html, then you can play around with it in DW or some other editor to hearts content.

(Note if you open using EDIT in Actinic make sure you save as a HTML file first, remember Notepad defaults to a tXt file)

Then if you get the look you want, use it?

I have to admit my Sections do not call the NQV you mention so if I am in the wrong place I do apologise.

S.
    esafetysigns.co.uk
    your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
    ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
    http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

Thanks Simon.
      I have taken a decision to have a play and eliminate the NQV and try to code the section links into my Templates.

I'm very new to HTML, but i love it and have invested in some books and DW.
      I just need to figure the mouse over thingy and I might even try and make the section list appear as buttons.... just need time to figure it out and get it wrong a few times first!
      Cakes Cookies and Crafts Shop
      Cookie Cutters
      Cake Decorating Supplies
      Chocolate Making Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by mrs incredible
        I might even try and make the section list appear as buttons.... just need time to figure it out and get it wrong a few times first!
        The most effiecient way to do this is using CSS by setting a new background-color statement for the a:hover

To make it look like buttons you can then use the border function and set say the left and bottom borders slightly thicker to give a faux 3d effect.

CSS is much quicker than using actual GIF buttons and you can changethe sitewide colours by changing a few lines in the stylesheet

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X