new here need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here need some help

hi all new here and need some help i have been using act ver 7 for a year now but i am really bad at at it. few questions
    1 can i use a flash logo
    2 how do i get my logo right a cross the top of page
    3 can i add a payment service provider that is not on the list eg optimal payments
    4 were can i purchase a new web site template
    5 what formate does actinic use for custome templates
    as my site is rubbish i think

tony
    www.247inkshop.co.uk

Answer to 3: Nope

c

Comment

Hi,

I would only ever use templates from companies that Actinic recommend take a look here http://www.actinic.co.uk/services/templates.htm

As for the logo all the way accross the page it would not be a good idea to make the whole logo one gif or jpeg file as when people view the ste in smaller windows etc they would have to scroll accross to see your page it would make it look messy.

I notice you have a box to the right of your page with important information but contains no text, i would change this to say thankyou for shopping with xx or something as people may feel there missing something.

I would take out the text in your extended info sections and place it all on the product discription, this would help with search engines and also put imiges in for your ink etc, people like pictures.

Thanks
      Lee
      Many Thanks
      Lee
      Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Comment

1. Yes - simply add the Flash code into the Act_Primary, Act_BrochurePrimary and Act_PrimaryCheckout templates accordingly

2. To get a logo all the way across often best to use a 100% table with 3 cells - the outer cells are a fixed width and set the central cell without a width with a backgound image or colour in the cell - that way depending on the users browser the outer cells stay the same size and the centre cell collapses or expands to fill the window. The centre cell image needs to be a plain colour so it appears seemless with the outer 2 cells. HTMS

4. There is a current thread about buying templates - although may be as well to get a bespoke design rather than an off-the-shelf theme

5. templates are generally all in HTML.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

There is a threadsomewhere where I posted the table code to display a logo at 100% regardless of the screen res.

You have to divide your logo up and allow a background colour/image to show through to fill up the slack.

Maybe some kind soul would find the thread - I'm working on a 56k modem at the mo so it will take me to long to find it

Comment

Working...
          X