No VAT in checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No VAT in checkout

I've read a few threads on this but haven't found whether it is poss or not. I want to remove the VAT from the checkout / basket (as I think it is very confusing for a customer) and display the tax inclusive price.

If I select simple tax and don't tick the tax 1 box it doesn't display but will I still be able to get a VAT breakdown from the actinic tax report?

Or is there another way of editing the template?

Many thanks

Donna
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

VAT in checkout and basket

Sorry to raise this again but I would really aprreciate any suggestions any one has on this subject. I really want to get rid of the VAT line in the checkout and display VAT inclusive prices but I would really also like to be able to run the tax report for my VAT return.

Can any one help?? For a consumer site I think it is really confusing to the customer to have VAT separated out.

Many thanks
    Donna
    Donna

Comment

Donna,

If you use simple tax it will do what you require but then that will mean no VAT calcualtion on the reports unless you create a new report using Crystal reports v8.5 to reduce the totals by 17.5 % to indicate the VAT. You can do this yourself if you have Crystal Reports else you can contact Jan at mole end (http://www.mole-end.biz) to see if she can do something for you.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Is there anyway to amend the tax report that is currently in actinic

Thanks for this Bruce - is there anyway to change the tax report or define a new report within actinic that takes the vat off of the sales number? Donna
        Donna

Comment

Donna,

I would suggest looking at the Advanced Users Guide page 74, for the topic, " Adding Your Own Reports into Actinic's Built-in List "

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce - I'll have a go!

Not sure if my skills are up to it but I'll have a go and let you know! Thanks for all your help. Donna
            Donna

Comment

Working...
            X