Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfering To Another PC

Hi,

I have just purchased a new pc. I have a copy of Developer with 3 sites running on it. I want to move off the old one and start working on the new one. Can anyone tell me the exact procedure i need to follow to get everything set up on the other computer, imports exports, database import or snapshot imports - i am having a few problems!

Andy

What I've done when I moved PC's. I'm sure others could add additional info and fill in any gaps too.
    1. Load Actinic and patches to same levels.
    2. Copy complete site folders from old to new (to ensure you get all other associated additional files etc)
    3. Export any Custom Themes from the old and import to new (I forgot this).
    4. Create Snapshots from old and restore on new.

That, as far as I can remember is all I did.

Keep those old backup files just in case though.

Duncan R

Comment

sites

Hi,
      I have re-installed on new machine and have the latest version. When i follow your instructions and then open actinic i get the first site loading up fine - it is actually all there when i open and there is no need to import - but when i try and import other snap shots it tells me i cant becuae there is a site all ready named that - and if i try and set up a new site and re - name it the system just keeps crashing.

Andy

Comment

previous version

There was a previous version of actinic running on the old pc before before i upgraded to developer would this make a difference?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by irishactinic
          There was a previous version of actinic running on the old pc before before i upgraded to developer would this make a difference?

Andy
          Don't know but I would uninstall all versions of actinic ensure you have a clean machine, install developer and start the import process again

Comment

new

Well i just did a fresh install of just developer on the new machine. But maybe there are path files wrong in the snap shots.

Andy

Comment

Pathnames must be exactly the same on the old and new machines.

You could create the folders, and prepopulate the images etc

Did you install actinic into the default folder names?

Comment

foldeers

Hi There,

I think i did install into defualt folder names - is that ok?

Andy

Comment

If you are uninstalling and then doing a new install it is good practice to also delete the 'Actinic v7' folder from C:\Program Files\Actinic v7, then do a fresh install and let it take default settings.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X