Templates - CSS Files - crashes actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Templates - CSS Files - crashes actinic

clicking on the Advanced, Template Manager, Miscellaneous, CSS Files button, and it generates an error message:
    c:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\SiteHTML\css-bin/Actinic.css contains an invalid path
    followed by another popup stating:
    RunTime error!
    Program c:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Catalog.exe
    abnormal program termination
    then a further popup stating:
    the instruction at "0x77f755e9" reference memory at 0x01d57d5". The memory could not be "read"
    Click on OK to terminate the programme

and it then does what it says on the tin - Crashes the programme completely.

Now I know WHY the original error message, I created my own version of the css file, placed it in the css-bin sub folder and I am quite happy to ensure its in the right place when I need it.

But I don't think it should crash my programme,

I actually have version 7.0.4, I assume 7.0.5 does not have a fix.
    also as a side note, I know now that I should not press the CSS Files button.

Do I need to report it else where?

regards

I would suggest placing the custom .css file in the Site1 folder itself, not a sub folder, with an amended name, then use the 'CSS Files' route to access the file. Actinic will only look within the site1 folder for templates.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

alternatively, get development to handle this sort of error gracefully with a suitable error message, - it shouldn't be that difficult

As a very experienced database (and web) developer, it seems very wrong to crash the programme.

I understand that I "should" put the css files in the root directory, but as a habit ( of 5-10 years standing ) I've always put

css files in the "css-bin"
      images in the "images" folder
      javascript in the "js-bin" folder and so on.

when I look for a certain "type" of file, I instantly know where to go

I'm not in control of the actinic placement of their files, but I still don't expect it to crash when I choose NOT to obey its unwritten rules.

Comment

Working...
      X