search and choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

search and choices

I bet I'm just playing the blind thickie again but either I'm searching for the wrong thing (again) or just totally missing the obvious (again).

How to I stop the search indexing text in my choice drop down menus. I can't just disallow the words as they're things like "grey" and "brown", viable for some products.

The "Lens coating" drop down is the one I'm noticing it on at mo'.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.designeropticsonline.com/...206_Black.html

Even a poke in the right direction would be a god send. I'm not being lazy, I have searched and read through no end of Readmes but still no closer.

Cheeers

Comment

Not a fundi - but I don't think you can. I tried the search on your site that you mentioned and see exectly what you are referring to.

On the bright side however - I didn't think it was an issue - in fact it drew attention to products that for eg have lens coatings available. If you can't find a solution I wouldn't be concerned. What you might do is set up your site search strings to be saved in a log file on your server - you can then review what people have searched for every now and then. I thnk the info on how to do this is in the advanced user guide else search in the forum archves.

Duncan R

Comment

Thanks for reply m8

The problem was the "lens coatings" etc are on every item in the store, soon to be 500+ items (only 10 at mo')

The word "brown" in the dropdown menu, is that counted as "product name", "short description" ... ?

Was thinking maybe I could turn off the indexing on "short description, or what ever) and make it index the same text from say "extended info"
        or am I just babbling again

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X