Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping/Hidden Products Problem

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate a bit of advice. I am putting together a site for a client selling staircase components, most components are available in a variety of different woods, lengths and thicknesses, selected from drop-down lists. A typical page can be seen at http://www.smg-demo.co.uk/pearstairs...handrails.html

I have created Products, each with a Component called "Customer Choice" and three Attributes: "Wood", "Length" and "Slot Width". On the Permutations Tab of "Customer Choice" I have put in all the relevant prices - So far so good!

Where I am tearing my hair out is that my customer needs to calculate shipping charges by weight, so I have been looking throught the documentation (and the forum postings!), and it seems that I need to create "hidden" products covering the range of weights required, and associate them in the Permutations Table. The problem I have is that the "Product" columns in this table are greyed out. I'm sure there is an answer which will make me kick myself, can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance - Henry

You associate the hidden product with the component itself, so all the choices for product linking are on the component.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks, but another question

Thanks Bill, I now have that working (I hadn't realised that I had to use the Fil List button to be able to select associated products), and Actinic is correctly calculating my shipping costs (Phew!). The question I now have is: can I prevent the Reference Number of the hidden product showing up in the shopping cart?

Cheers - Henry

Comment

This thread should help http://community.actinic.com/showthr...component+line
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X