Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link for Quickbooks

Hi,

I've had my shop set-up for a while and I'm just starting to try out importing orders and items over to Quickbooks Pro 2005 using Actinic Link 1.3. The orders go over ok and the item list gets populated with he items on the orders. The problem is the items always import with an item type of service which is not ideal for stock items. Once in Quickbooks I can’t find a way of changing the item type once they are imported, does anyone know if you can determine the item type that will be used during the import in Link or Quickbooks.

Regards
    Richard

I would suggest taking a look at the 'Using Actinic Link for QuickBooks' setup guide, under 'Actinic Link for Quick Books' page 9, here it tells you how you can define which accout can be used for Stock Sales, this is on teh General tab in Link.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Richard

We're using QB Accountant 2005 with actinic link so I would imagine the set up is very similar so hope I can help a little!

In Edit>Preferences>Sales & Customers - on the company preferences tab ensure you have "enable sales orders" checked.

When you import, provided the product reference in actinic matches exactly the stock product/item reference in QB it should match them up. ALL your stock products/items must not be a sub-item of anything - we used to have all our products as sub-items of the particular vendor we bought them from (which seems logical) but found out the hard way that actinic won't have this!

We still get the odd "service item" come up - on your item list, click on reports at the bottom and do a quick report. This will bring up any sales that have the service item on it - you can then manually change it to the correct item and then make sure you then match up the reference between act/QB so this doesn't occur again for this particular product. It's a pain, but at least it highlights where the differences are so you can fix them.

Provided you've got the above sorted and you've correctly entered the information in the Link set up you should be importing virtually all your stock items correctly.

HTH - regards - Helen

Comment

thanks for the suggestions Helen and Bruce. I'll have another go now that I know it can be done.

Regards
        Richard

Comment

Working...
        X