Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of themes overwritting hand coded HTML

Hi there,

I have looked thru the forums, but cant seem to find my answer...

I recently changed themes and upon doing so, i appear to have lost customvar codes and other hand coded html of the previous templates, such as titles, header and footer info. Is there any way to get this back. I must have tried a few changes, so i dont think the back up will contain the info required.

Its a bit of a pain at the moment, as i never documented the changes made.

Also if i switch from Act 6 to Act 7 - will i manually have to enter these addons again.

TIA

Zee

http://www.cellsavers.co.uk
    UK Mobile Phone Accessories

The last snapshot before you changed should have all your CMVs etc intact. It will also take you back to your old theme.

A theme change copies the standard template files for the new theme into your site folder, overwriting the existing files of the same name. You will lose all the changes in the files which get overwritten.

Upgrading between 6 and 7 will produce a backup file containing a list of the differences between the old files and the new, which should make it easier to reintroduce the changes you need to keep. It is also worth noting that v7 installs to its own folder, leaving the v6 folder intact, so you can switch between the two while you prepare your site in 7.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply...

I did take a snap-shot prior to re-installing etc. So ill have to go back and document them.

By the way - does it overwrite the template even if you change the colours?

I'm tempted to upgrade to V7, as it looks cleaner and appears to have more functionality. What are yours thoughts on it?

Comment

The colours (depending on the theme selected) are handled by NQV or the CSS which are compiled inside Actinic when creating the page / preview.

Some of colours are fixed and part of the theme - usually buttons.

When you change themes there is an option to save the current theme which you should then see listed in the theme selcetion dialogue

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I'll translate that one jont (welcome back, by the way )

No, the templates are not altered by a change in colours. Colours are not stored in the templates, but in the actinic.css file and NETQUOTEVAR values in the database.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill - a little too concise even for me

We have finally moved business premises (2 month builders delay) so have not been lurking on here as much as I would have liked... give me obscure Actinic templates anyday over moving locations ... grrrr

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Bill & Jont, thanks a lot. Appreciate the responses.

Comment

Working...
              X