Placement of fragements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placement of fragements

I have my products laid out in a grid format which then links through to the individual products. I have then put a fragement for each section to explain what the products in this section are for - however I can only get this fragment to display at the bottom of the product grid (which kind of defeats the object as it can be hidden off the bottom of the page!).

Is there any way that this fragement can be moved so that it dsplays at the top of the page ahead of the images.

Also, as an aside, I cannot seem to get it to align completely to the left of the page.

Any help much appreciated. Donna
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Against the section (or at a global level) look at Location and Arrangement of Section lists - you can override there to put the list at the bottom

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Aligning fragments may not be entirely possible due to table / cell padding into which the fragment is sitting - if you can post a URL where this is happening someone may be able to check it out

Bikster

Comment

Fragments

Thank you I am such a novice at this and you are so helpful. Re your note below I am still on the trial site (aim to be live beg. Feb) but this is the URL
        http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial22482/ any comments v welcome as my understanding is still very basic
        Donna
        Originally posted by jont
        Aligning fragments may not be entirely possible due to table / cell padding into which the fragment is sitting - if you can post a URL where this is happening someone may be able to check it out
        Donna

Comment

If you take a look in Act_TextAndTitle.html template in the root of the site1 folder you will see the fragment sits inside another 3 column table (another of the wonderful nested tables inside of Actinic) - try removing the master table columns - I would also be inclined to make the fragment a <div> to remove a table and improve the download

Bikster

Comment

Thanks but ...

Hi

I have commented out the 3 column main table and it takes all the text to the left which is great however it seems to spread all my products out right across the screen and open up the gap in between each one which looks rather odd. Also sorry but have no clue as to what you mean by make it a <div> ... said I was a total novice. D

Originally posted by jont
            If you take a look in Act_TextAndTitle.html template in the root of the site1 folder you will see the fragment sits inside another 3 column table (another of the wonderful nested tables inside of Actinic) - try removing the master table columns - I would also be inclined to make the fragment a <div> to remove a table and improve the download
            Donna

Comment

Donna,

Can you post a link to the site please..

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Link here

Originally posted by Bruce
                Donna,

Can you post a link to the site please..

Kind regards,

Hi Bruce - link is here - I have changed it back to the standard way at the moment so you will see the indent on the fragment. Cheers Donna

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial22482/

Any comments on site gratefully received as I am a novice at the whole thing.
                Donna

Comment

Hi Donna,

In Design | Options | Sections .. 'Parent Section Links', against list placement select 'Bottom'. This will make the section links appear at the bottom of the page and the fragments at the top.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Alignment of the fragment is the issue

Bruce

Thanks very much, my real problem is the alignment of the fragement once it is at the top. I have managed (with community help) to get the fragements displaying at the top, however they do not align to the left far enough. This looks a little odd and makes the text space a little limited. If I apply the fix that was given earlier in the thread it aligns the fragment to the left but also spreads out all my products putting huge gaps between them and ruins the effect of that page layout. Any thoughts? At present I am living with the indent problem. Donna
                    Donna

Comment

Hi Donna,

Is it possible to upload the template, so that I can have a look into the HTML code?
                      Cheers,
                      Suresh Babu G

Comment

Working...
                      X