Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copying All Email Addresses & Putting Some Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying All Email Addresses & Putting Some Back!

Hi

This is a follow up to a previous thread where my client wanted to export all the email addresses from actinic.

I followed Jans advice:

Export customer details by rightclicking on orders and clicking on export orders (if you don't see export orders in the menu then you need to go and enable order export in view / business settings / ordering tab), this will create 5 files and the persons.csv file will contain you customer details, there will be two entries for each order.
    ...and instructed my client accordingly.

Now the client has noticed that exporting the information takes it out of Actinic and decided she doesn't want this to happen.

So, two questions:

1) How does she put the information from the .csv file back, and

2) How can she instead COPY all the email addresses to do one mass mailout?

Many thanks for your help!

gerard

Don't know how to put the data back in but to get the email addresses out.....

If you look inside the Actinic.mdb with access you will find a table called 'Person' - the last column in that table contains the email addresses of the customers. You can select that column and copy and paste into excel.

Make sure you backup the database first just in case you/they make a mistake.

Duncan R

Comment

many thanks for that duncan

the main trouble we have now is putting the information back as customer queries about orders made can stretch back for up to a year apparently, so she needs all the customer details back in actinic, and is getting vey panicky about this.

so any advice from anyone on that front would be a Godsend!

many thanks!

Comment

I just tried this on a test and exporting removes all orders from the 'pending' tab and marks them as exported. They are however still viewable in the 'completed' or/and 'pending & completed' tabs.

Duncan R

Comment

The orders are still there, they are on the completed tab.

If she wants them back on the pending tab, she needs to change the print status back to 0 (Order table, nInvoiceStatus field) and the status to N (Order table, status field), which would have to be done in the database.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

hi duncan - thats great, many thanks for this - i'm in a bit of a spot here because i'm on a new computer that hasn't got actinic installed so am doing everything from memory and what the client is telling me.

they still want to know if they can put the extracted information back - is this still relevent? and if so, is it possible?

Comment

No - they're still there - just under a different tab. See Jan's post above if they need to be NOT completed.

Comment

ah, thanks jan - our posts must have coincided

and thanks duncan for all your help!

Comment

Working...
                X