Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload problems

Hi All,
    I am ready to upload my site, and am having trouble.
    I cannot get the wizard to find my cgi-bin.
    I have looked in the files listed after it searches, but there does not seem to be one there.
    Any ideas what I can do.
    I did contact my host, and they told me my path is public_html/cgi-bin but when I look in the public_html file on the list, the cgi-bin is not there.
    I am in the UK, and use name2net.co.uk, not sure if you need to know this so thought I would say.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks.
    Mark
    If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

I had the same issue with my host - I simply FTP'd to the site and created a new folder called cgi-bin in the correct place which resolved the issue - maybe worth a try on your host.

Permissions should be set to 755
    Last edited by jont; 18-Jan-2006, 09:38 PM. Reason: permissions info added

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks.
      But, when you say you ftp'd, what do you mean, I just typed in ftp."mysite".com but this would not let me in.
      Can you tell me how to do it.
      Thanks.,
      Mark

Comment

In a web browser you usually omit the www part of the url so if site is at www.site.com you ftp to ftp.site.com

some servers will make you ftp via their domain and your username and password will take you to the right area - worth checking with the hosts web site as this will be under the FAQ section or with any welcome pack you received

Bikster

Comment

not working

Hi,
          I tried this, and also looked in the help section of my host but no success.
          This program is sold as easy to use, but that is proving to be far from the truth.
          Thanks anyway, but it looks like it was a waste of £800.
          Another one of lifes mistakes.

Comment

Have sent you an email.

Just as a second thought I assume you have set the paths to the cgi-bin correctly under Actinic itself?

Bikster

Comment

path

Hi,
              I have tried this using the web config' in the menu but this is where the problems are.
              Thanks.
              Mark

Comment

Hi there

Why not drop our support team an email via http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

They will be able to take your settings, take a look at them, and tell you what you need to do to upload your store.

Comment

Working...
                X