Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixed width of web site...

Hello

Have set up my website (ish) to accompany shop but am not happy that on my widescreen laptop, the site spreads across the entire screen - how can i set the width of the site to stop this please.

Also, any comments good or bad appreciated as this is a first attempt at a site - i know that for some reason the sitemap button isnt working and not sure what i have done to that either - if anyone can help with this as well

James

http://www.garfieldsnow.com
    James Furnival
    Garfield Snow

James,

You will have to do this on each of the primary templates, if you look in the site1 folder you will find Act_BrochurePrimary.html (Brochure Pages), Act_Primary.html (Catalog Pages) and Act_PrimaryCheckout.html (Checkout pages), look within the Body tag of the template for the overall table width which is set at 100% by default, and play around till you have the fixed size you want.

The width of the product images and description layout is set to 600, this is in Design | Options | Site Defaults against ACTSTDWIDTH.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

You should be aware that you may cause problems for other vistors to your website by setting an absolute value for the size of your page.

eg if you set it to display full width on a low resolution screen you will have a site that will appear with large blank spaces down each side when viewed on a higher resolution screen. The vast majority use high res screens and the number is growing but if you set your site to cater for these then when the site is viewed on a low res screen the visitor will need to scroll left and right to see the site.

It may look odd on your wide screen but you are in a minority 5% who use wide screen. I would suggest you leave it at a relative value and change the properties of your laptop when working on the site so you can see the design as others do.

Comment

I would at least look at reducing the main content table from 100& to say 90-95% to allow a little padding either side in conjunction with the ACTSWIDTH as outlined by Bruce.

Agree with Malcolm on setting a fixed width - to allow maximum usability would require a complete design from the ground up - they can look great when designed correctly (probably moving towards hard-coded navigation rather than Actinic handled)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X