Permutations : Product Sorting Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutations : Product Sorting Order

This might be a bug or just some weirdness...

When you have a component with choices you get the grid for permutaions of related products, the drop down lists every product in your catalogue and should you have the "show product references when editing" selected this is meant to list each product choice for the permutation of each choice line in product reference order - same applys to auto generate.

Well ok it is not doing it and this is driving me up the twist.

We have thousands of products and to create one new product with two choices it just took me over half an hour, as the list will not display the product references in numerical... (wait a mo... is that the problem, are the permutations sorted alphabetically and numerical sorting has been overlooked?) ...anyway numerical order and as the products being created are based upon choices / attributes / permutations the "ASSEMBLY" bin of imported products under construction is currently hidden on the site so that we can draw from them when creating the new products... if you follow what I mean...

Having read the help files our settings are correct and the products should be listed in reference order however they would generally seem to be in tree order, as above where that last "branch" has 4000+ newly imported products within... this is a 'mare.

Logic is irrelevant

I have not found that there is any logic to the sorting of the products in the Associated product menu for Components. If there is one... I first thought product code, but no. Then I thought product tree, but no. The product description, again no. Every time I've thought I'd got it licked something shows up out of order for the sort order to be based on that, so I've come to the conclusion it's all about luck!

The best you can do if you know the product code, or at least the beginning of it, is to write it in the drop down field. This works as long as you're not displaying the list at the same time. If it says so in the manual I never noticed it, just stumbled on it by accident once when getting mad about not finding what I was looking for. Good luck! I have a premonition you're going to need it!

yvonne

Comment

Found a wee trick...

You are right it seems to be "luck and flaw" as the dyslexics association say...

However if you set up the component, attribute and choices tree under your product and then drag your products which shall be the choices / related permutations into a new folder anywhere... when you open up the related products in permutations the bits and boabs you need appear almost at the top of the list.

Not perfect but it does speed things up.

...is it just me or are there more and more annoying little bugs like this showing up and the only people whom seem to be solving problems and taking proactive action are guys like Norman @ Drillpine etc.? I mean all the forum support team are great but they seem as frustrated as the customer base...

Comment

Working...
      X