Formatting dropdowns (reducing gap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formatting dropdowns (reducing gap)

I'm working on a site (www.cheapelectricals.co.uk). Is there a way to decrease the amount of space between some of the dropdown components? Alternatively, can any bright spark suggest a way in general how I can decrease the amount of space taken up by each product?

If you look in the Advanced Guide there is info there on laying out the variants in a custom manner. Using this you can set them side by side or whatever you like.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Also, you can open Act_VariantComponentName.html and replace:

<P CLASS="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:COMPONENTNAME
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION
      </P>

with

<SPAN CLASS="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:COMPONENTNAME
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION
      </SPAN>

And that may help bunch them up closer.

Comment

Nope - didn't make any difference. The customer is maintaining the catalogue themselves now (I just updated them recently to v6 and creating a new template). They are creating separate components for items such as warranty, additional configuration etc, so he is not creating attributes undeneath each component, but there might be 4 or 5 components per product.

I've been through all the templates I can think of looking for <br>, <p> etc but cannot find where it's sticking them in. From viewing the source it would appear it's adding in a BR after each <input> line - I need to find that BR...

Any ideas?

Comment

Check out the Guide to 'Design | Text | Website | HTML' which is within the Advanced User Guide.

If you look at the section on 'Components and Attributes' you will see that prompt ID 2045 (use the 'Go to' button to go straight to this) has a <BR> that is inserted after components.

I think that will do it.

Also, open Act_VariantCheckBox.html and replace

<BLOCKQUOTE>NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION</BLOCKQUOTE>

with

<!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION-->

Comment

yes - removing the blockquotes worked. You are indeed a God sir!

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X