Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any help on the Froogle feed?

Hi
    I'd like to upload a feed to froogle offf the mdb database.
    It needs 6 fiels, 5 of which I've got.

But how do I get in the 6th field which is the url to the actual product?
    eg
    www.domain.co.uk/acatalog/kings.html
    Arthur

It should work as is from inside Actinic - with a little tweaking - I export the Froogle feed from under Actinic - delete the first 2 lines in the file and open into Excel adding in the VAT - the file uploads without issue.

Jan over at Mole End also has a program called Froogle Mash - with a 30 day free trial

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Jont.
      Thanks a milion
      My web programmers cost a fortune and couldn't solve this.
      Arthur

Comment

Sorry, jut one last thing
        The category link is give as:

Party Supplies > Plain Colour Tableware > Magenta Paper Tableware

Does this mean the category field in froogle is transformed into a live link to the web site?

What I dont get is although user can see all product details, which field of the feed is formed into a live link to the actual sub department in the website?

Arthur

Comment

Your Froogle feed will contain links to both the relevant Actinic generated web pages on your site as well as the web links for the images of the products.
          The Actinic generated Froogle feed will automatically resolve the right information (as will other feed generators such as Jan's at Mole End).

Just remember before uploading the Actinic generated feed to open the file in Notepad and delete the first two lines. You must also have Quotes selected on your Froogle account.

Duncan R

Comment

Froogle Listings

Whilst searching against competitors products on Froogle realised that the product picture and description were taken from my site (image nicely hotlinked - thanks Google).

Is there any guidance / notes / conspiracy theories as to how or why Froogle decides upon which site to take the product image and description at the top of the comparison listing? I do not use a PPC campaign so that is out.

Appearing at the top of the list as well as in the middle of the list has to be a good thing

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Good tip for adding VAT in excel is to add a column next to the price, and and make the formular =CELL*1.175 and then drag down

Next copy the values, right click on the first cell in the price column and choose Paste Special, then Vaules, and OK. Then delete the column you created for the sums.

Sorry if you all already know this, but when It saves me lots of time.

Cheers,

Ben
              www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X