Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove duplicate of store section

Hi,

When i view the catalog on the /shop page, i get the Store sections on the left which is fine, however the main box in the middle also has the same content. Any fragments which i have placed within are showing right at the bottom. Is there any way around this?

I thought i could either remove this duplicate all together - as i cant see any need for it (if there is a need, please let me know).

Or perhaps keep it, and have it below the fragments.

Also how do i remove the horizontal line below the fragments - i did see the link before but cant find it now.

Appreciate any helps thanks.

Zee
    UK Mobile Phone Accessories

I'm sorry - but where are you seeing this?

I see no problem on the website.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

Sorry, i knew i should have included the URL for the trial store. http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial24270/shop.html

I know at present my image is a little large - (by the way whats the optimum image size you would recommend?)

Ok to the right of the image where its all blue - thats where i want to insert the text.

thanks bill

Comment

In Act_Primary.html find this code
        Code:
        <BODY TEXT="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR" topmargin="0" marginwidth="5" marginheight="0" OnLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:LINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLOR>
        <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <tr> 
            <td align="left" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS"> 
              NETQUOTEVAR:LOGOIMAGE
            </td>
          </tr>
        </table>
        And add what you need in a new cell after the LOGOIMAGE to end up with something like
        Code:
        <BODY TEXT="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR" topmargin="0" marginwidth="5" marginheight="0" OnLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:LINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLOR>
        <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <tr> 
            <td align="left" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS"> 
            </td><td> <span class="actxlarge">My text here with font size controlled by span tags</span></td>
          </tr>
        </table>
        The section list in the main table, would normally be replaced by your section images if you use them, If not, you can turn this off in Design | Options - on the Sections tab, set the List Placement to None. You can then override this on the layout tab of the individual section pages.
        Bill

Comment

Bill you're a star ... Cheers for both the answers.

Ok regarding the text beside the logo .. If i wanted different text on different pages , how would i implement this?

Would it be by use of a CUSTOMVAR like property?

I did try one, something like this below - but my text is tiny, and at the end of the line it begins to sit below the image. Any ideas how to get around this?

</td><td valign="top"><br>CUSTOMVAR:CUSTOMNAME-HERE<br><br></td>
          </tr>
          </table>

TIA Bill

Comment

Hi,

You are best to use span tags to set the text font size, so something like <span class="actxlarge">CUSTOMVAR:CUSTOMNAME-HERE</span><td>

you can see the list of font class options in your actinic.css file. If you try this in the morning and leave it on the test site so I can see the problem, might be able to be more helpful.
            Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks for that reply. I've applied it and it does work, however the problem is the way the text appears Not so much the size but its appearance.

If you look at the trial site (address: http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial24270/index.html) and go to STORE SECTIONS & Alcatel:
              With a few words, the blue background is squeezed.

If you view the BENQ page: by filling the text box up the background dissappears.

Any ideas?

Must i put lots of text then, to have it appear correctly? I dont think that will always be possible - in the worst case scenario i could try ...

I did check out the css file and changed it to actregular and the same thing happens.

I'm not to familiar with the workings of the css file, its probably easy but i cant see it. (Any advice would be gr8).

Also if i use CUSTOMVARs, how do i then apply the text in the main index.html or shop.html page ? There isnt a properties tab.

Thanks in advance

Comment

OOPs, I must have been half asleep. The background colour is in the cell, not the table, so we need to make the code

<td valign="top" align="left" bgcolor="#0080c0><span class="actxlarge">CUSTOMVAR: etc to bring back the background

Alternately, create a new class in your css file

Code:
                .toptext {
                background-color: #0080c0;
                text-align: left;
                vertical-align: middle;
                font-size: actxlarge;
                }
                and use <td class="toptext">CUSTOMVAR

to apply CUSTOMVAR properties for the main index and catalog pages you need to add a default property in Design | Options - Site Defaults. The value entered here will appear on the main index pages and any other page where you do not override the property in the page tab.

BTW - I would rename the shop.html page to index.html - it is in a different folder on the site to the Brochure index.html page so there will be no conflict of names, and it protects the folder from inquisitive eyes (see recent thread - has my site been hacked).
                Bill

Comment

Good morning Bill,

Thanks for that response.

With regards to the new class - can i amend it to:

.toptext {
                  background-color: #0080c0;
                  text-align: left;
                  vertical-align: middle;
                  font-size: -1;
                  }

The difference being the -1 size. Also if i wanted it to be h1 or h2 in size, what would i need to put in? Would it be something like h: h1?

---

On the note of the CUSTOMVAR properties using Design | Options - Site Defaults, the property doesnt appear on the index page.

---

Finally (sorry)
                  I tried to change the name of the shop 'BASE PAGE NAME' to: index.html and an error came up saying the file name conflicts with another. Any ideas?

Bill thanks again for your time. Its appreciated.

Zee

Comment

Yes a change to font-size: -1; should work, but since it is a relative size it may not give consistent results on all pages.

I don't know of any way to reference the heading sizes within a class, but h1 should be the same as actxxlarge, h2 actxlarge, h3 actregular etc.

Did you add the customvar code into Act_BrochurePrimary.html?

index.html is the name of the main brochure page, naming the shop also as index.html will not conflict on the website because they are in different folders. I believe the error message that Actinic brings up has an ignore option and it will allow the change - I cannot check because I do not use standard Brochure pages.
                    Bill

Comment

Bill,

I never saw the 2nd x in actxxlarge - makes sense now. Thank you.

I havent yet added the code to the Act Brochure page. Need to get around to that. When i do however, i sense you cant apply CUSTOMVARs on Fragment content only..There is no properties tab... So should i apply directly in the header without the CUSTOMVAR (like the 4th post from Yesterday) ?

There is no ignore button - Its a straight error which can only be resolved by giving it a name other than index.html
                      Is it better to have the brochure page as index.html? or the current shop as index.html

Bill many thanks for ur time to explain

Zee

Comment

If you apply the same code, in the header, next to the LOGO in both Act_Primary and Act_BrochurePrimary, both should pick up the CUSTOMVAR default value you added into Design|Options - Site defaults.

I added a brochure page back into my store and I see the error message - that perturbs me, because even the Actinic help states this is normally index.html against the BASE PAGE REF. Try index.htm which might get round the restriction while still protecting the directory - if it also refuses that, then go with default.html, the other browser autoname which should provide the same protection.

Both should be index.html and as they are in different folders on the website, there should be no naming conflict, but default should work equally well.
                        Bill

Comment

Oh so they are both under different folders on web? in Site1 on my pc, they appear to be in the same folder 'Site1'. I've yet to upload properly to my server, currently on trial mode.

Bill many thanks for ALL your help.

Zee

Comment

When you upload to the site, the Brochure index.html is placed in the site root ww w.mysite.com/index.html and the shop index page is placed in the catalog folder at ww w.mysite.com/acatalog/index.html I have broken the www in case that becomes a valid url.
                            Bill

Comment

yes i see now.

I've applied it with index.html on the brochure page and index.htm on the catalog page.

Btw when i upload, albeit to the trial site, i get the following error:
                              The URL of your catalog that you entered in the Advanced Network Setup dialog does not match the URL recorded in the shop database at your web site. Actinic is using the value you supplied.

Any ideas for that?

Kind Regards

Zee

Comment

Working...
                              X