Tax for order level discount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax for order level discount

I have created an order level discount, and it is defaulting to a tax treatment of "Pro-Rata". How can I change this?
    -------

Pat

Can you be a bit more specific please..

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

I've created an order level discount to give $$ of depending on order value (to offset some of the shipping charge).

When I download orders with this adjustment, the adjustment line item has a tax code of "pro rata", which we don't use here in the US. It can't be overridden. (box is greyed out) I only charge taxes for orders shipped within the state of Texas. When I try to import an order from Actinic with this adjustment, I get an error in the Actinic Link program that the tax code isn't valid.

Right now I'm working around it by changing the customer's state to something other than Texas, doing to Link to QB, then changing the state back to Texas in both Actinic and QB. Kind of a pain!

Thanks!
      -------

Pat

Comment

Does the 'Pro-Rata' rate appear against 'Shipping Tax1'? You can change this in Business Settings | Shipping & Handling tab. You could also use Link go to the 'Tax Rates' tab and add 'Pro Rata' in there with teh tax rate and map it to a QB tax code.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

No, this isn't the tax on shipping. If you double-click on the adjustment, pro-rata appears in the "Tax 1 Treatment" field, just below the "Cost" field. I thought about setting up another tax, but setting up tax in Actinic is hit and miss for me. A guessing game until I get it right.

I also use adjustments for products purchased (buy 1 get one free), and these adjustments are fine - it's only the order level adjustment that has the "pro rata" on it.
          -------

Pat

Comment

Pat,

I would suggest raising a support query @ http://productsupport.actinic.com/support_request.html as I am unable to replicate your problem here. The adjustment orders came down with correct tax.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X