Orders under min getting through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders under min getting through

Since switching to v.7 business last year we've had the minimum order box checked (one of the reasons for upgrading!).

However in the last week, 2 have slipped through that are under the minimum product value (we've covered ourselves with notices etc on the site, t&c's etc).

I've tried to replicate this on 3 machines - it will not let me pass to check out unless I've hit the minimum order value so I cannot figure out how the heck these got through?!

We've recently switched to a new server and the site has been very busy but I can't see how this would affect the minimum order value - surely it either works or it don't? Any thoughts?

Nobody then.....

No then.....

Anybody then....

Going to start sounding like Marjorie Doors here.....

dust.... anybody

dust.... anybody

Is there nobody at actinic who would kindly respond to this? Sent you a snapshot as requested on another issue and getting a bit pee'd off at lack of response.

Comment

Hi there HCT

WIth regards to your question about minimum orders, the Community here is primarily a place for users to support each other. Actinic tend to only get involved when a thread has gone unanswered for 2 working days.

You said you had sent a snapshot? Was this via email? Was this to do with this question or a different one. If you let me know your ticket number I can get this chased up for you.

Comment

Just tried your site, can't get to the checkout with an order of less than £5. Did notice that you have something (probably an image) on your warning page (the one that says you have to spend at least £5 before you can checkout) which is not SSL, this throws up a horrible SSL error.
        Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
        http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Hi guys - thanks for responding.

The snapshot was ftp'd back in November and followed up with an email to say it had been done. Have chased by email a couple of times but no response - ticket number 65610.

Will check the warning page - thought this was just a bog standard one and so far as I know nothing's been done to it. I've also tried to recreate the problem on 3 different PC's and it will not let me order under the minimum either!

In both instances where orders have slipped through, our flat rate p&p of £2.95 has been added correctly so it's definitely let these through where the product minimum has not been met. I'm baffled.

Comment

Think i have this figured out.

Cust adds over £5 worth of products, goes through to checkout, get past the part where shipping is added, then changes mind and returns to the cart. Removes some products so that the total including the shipping is over £5, but the value of goods isn't. Actinic looks at the total inc shipping and then allows the order.

How to stop it happening I don't know.

Comment

Just checked the SSL issue, all the images on the warning page are non-secure, again, not sure how to fix this, must be the template that actinic is using for this page image ref's need to be https not http.

Comment

Steve - you need to talk to your host about a symbolic link that will allow your secure pages to work correctly with the images.

A search for symbolic link should produce more info.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks, but it's not me who has the problem

Comment

Thanks chaps!

I'll have a word with our server guy about the warning page - I didn't realise this was a "secure" page? Thought it was just a bog standard html page and the images are the same ones used throughout the site (i.e we don't appear to have issues on the checkout pages which are secure).

I'll have a go at replicating the order scenario mentioned to see if this could be one of the causes.

Here's the rub - I tried placing another under minimum order today and it let me!! Added one item to cart valued at £2.99 and it let me go straight through check out. So while the scenario Steve suggests is feasible, I'm now well and truly confused

Comment

HCT,

The snapshot was ftp'd back in November and followed up with an email to say it had been done. Have chased by email a couple of times but no response - ticket number 65610.
                      You raised that ticket for the CVV2 issue and support never did get that snapshot. Can you post an updated contact email address or email me offline and I will have support send you an update to the new email address. It would be great to have an updated snapshot so that we can see into this issue too. I tried placing orders below the minimum and could not go through..

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

Am back in touch with support by email again - so far as I could see the ftp went up OK (took long enough!) and I emailed as requested when it had been done. As I receive no response to that message, I had to assume that it had been received OK.

Anyway, touch wood we'll now be able to get to the bottom of it!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X