Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meta Change Around

Hi,

Noticed for the first time that Actinic is generating the meta keywords before the description, can this be changed so the meta description is before keywords in the generated files?

Cheers

J
    --------------------
    www.ProSite.co.uk

I guess the logic is that people search using keywords and page rankings are done on keywords and hence their appearance before the description. I do not know of a way to change the display but will run this past Development.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Jez,

The display is generated by the source code and would require a rewrite of the code to get the sequence to change. Guess you know this already as you seem to have raised the issue with one of my collegues in Support.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

There is no point in worring about it as most search engines ignore the meta tags you are talking about. Its not even worth filling them in these days!

Comment

Stupid as it sounds, can someone please define what a meta tag actually is!
          http://www.ukdesignermenswear.com

Top designer brands at discounted prices, coming soon!

Comment

An HTML tag which provides information about a web document. Unlike regular tags, meta tags do not provide formatting information for the browser. Instead they provide such information as the author, date of creation or latest update for the page, and keywords which indicate the subject matter.

Comment

Rural Web - Yep know that, just best practice, guess it is up to the individual. Keep telling the client they are redundant but you know what it's like ;-) Little knowledge is a dangerous thing... Read something that said somewhere blah blah...

James: - Traditionaly metas were used to determine the page content description as a synopsys of the page and keywords to identify relationship. Really they were abused (miss understood) and most search engines will go of page title and page content using mathmatics to determine the result (weight the content of the site against the keyword / phrase being used)

Cheers for replies.

Jez
              --------------------
              www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

Yeh I only put them in for the reasons you say - People who know a little about SEO think that metas are the be all and end all, so if they see a site without them then its doom and gloom.

They seem to be only worth anything to SEO companies who charge a fortune for writing them.

Still it keeps us all in a job.

Comment

Working...
                X