extended info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extended info

Ok, so i was probably woken with the thick stick this morning, but i can't see the extended info button generating on my site when in preview.

I have been into extended info, ticked the generate pop up box, i've enabled the the display by (button) although i've tried all 3..
    I've tried every template...
    I've check design options, layout and the extended info text button is selected.

Does this not show on a preview of your product
    Cakes Cookies and Crafts Shop
    Cookie Cutters
    Cake Decorating Supplies
    Chocolate Making Equipment

Should work on the preview inside Actinic and previewd in a browser.

Under Design | Options | Site Defaults do you have extened info set as "image" and have you specified an actual image?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi
      I have it set as text, but even if i try to set it as an image and specify an image, nothing shows on preview.

There's nothing to indicate that there is additional info is to be had.
      I did contact the company who designed the site. They told me that they could not see it in preview either and that i should strip out everything but the product that i an trying to create the pop up for and to run the site in test mode... So i decided to post here.

Could it be the product template they have designed for me?:
      Any light on this would be great.
      Cookie Cutters
      Cake Decorating Supplies

Comment

Could be a template issue - if you can post the template details between [ code] and [ /code] tags (without the spaces) someone may be able to take a look to see what is what

Bikster

Comment

Here is the code from the template for my products.

NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html
          NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR
          NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
          <tr>
          <td rowspan="2" colspan="2" valign="TOP" align="CENTER"> NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML
          <table width="300" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" bordercolor="#FFCCCC">
          <tr>
          <td align="center" valign="top">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE</td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="center" valign="top" background="front_product_back.gif"><a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"><span class="actprod"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></span></a><br>
          <span class="actregular"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION<br>
          NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b><br>
          NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br>
          <Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS></span>
          </td>
          </tr>
          </table>
          </td>

<td valign="TOP" align="LEFT"><!-- <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXT NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINKNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
          NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFONETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT
          NETQUOTEVARATEPROMPT </span>--> </td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td align="LEFT"><span class="actxsmall"> NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXML
          </span> NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML </td>
          </tr>
          <div align="center">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND To tell a friend about this product enter their Email address</span>
          <input type=text value="" size=40 onchange=" var thisloc=location.href + '#NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR';
          if (this.value != '') {
          location.href='mailto:' + this.value +'?subject=Take%20a%20look%20at%20NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME&body=I%20saw%20' + thisloc + '%20and%20thought%20you%20would%20be%20interested.'
          }
          ">
          <input type=button value="OK">
          NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

<!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the individual product -->
          <!-- ProductLine HTML end -->
          </div>

Maybe i did something when i added the 'Tell a friend' link!
          Cookie Cutters
          Cake Decorating Supplies

Comment

Originally posted by mrs incredible
            <!-- <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXT NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINKNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
            NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFONETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT
            NETQUOTEVARATEPROMPT </span>--> <
            The EXTINFO link and BUTTON have been commented out as above. Move it outside the <!-- AND --> tags and it should work

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont, you always come up with the goods..it worked and i've learned something.
              Now the only thing is no matter which template i assign it keeps shovin' the text link to the right of the product picture..

td valign="TOP" align="LEFT"> <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXT NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINKNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
              <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFONETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT
              NETQUOTEVARATEPROMPT </span>--> </td>
              </tr>
              <tr>

Any suggestions?
              Cookie Cutters
              Cake Decorating Supplies

Comment

They are in different table cells. The image is found at

You can put the code at the end of the NQV:PRODUCTIMAGE ... I would add in a <br /> as well before the extended info code to force on to a seperate line

Bikster

Comment

Worked a treat again the only thing is i can't seem to centre the stupid thing

Heres the code:
                  </tr><br /><td valign="TOP" align="Centre"><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXT NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINKNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
                  <tr>

Cookie Cutters
                  Cake Decorating Supplies

Comment

Originally posted by mrs incredible
                    <td valign="TOP" align="Centre"><span class="actxsmall">
                    You will kick yourself .... remember the internet is American! .... try "center"

Bikster

Comment

LOL! I always remember 'Color'...
                      Thanks so much.
                      Could you also help me to align my Tell a friend link. I'm trying my best to learn about CSS and Dreamweaver etc, but its kind of hit or miss, trial and error, pigeon html...but i will keep trying. (once learned never forgotton)

The code currently is:

<div align="center">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND To tell a friend about this product enter their Email address</span>
                      Cookie Cutters
                      Cake Decorating Supplies

Comment

Hi
                        Managed to sort that with a bit of tweaking, thank god for DW, well actually my husband
                        What i'm now trying to sort out is that i appear to have a td tag inside a table?
                        Here's the code:

</tr><td valign="TOP" align="Center"><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXT NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINKNETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON </span></td>
                        <tr>
                        Cookie Cutters
                        Cake Decorating Supplies

Comment

<td> and <tr> tags are part of the code that go to make up a <table>.

It may be best to open the template in DW ... add in temporary <table> tag before the first <tr> tag and a </table> after the last <tr> to show the actual table on screen. That will let you see what is going on in preview mode.

May be worth trying to remove any superfluous nested tables whilst in there as these add to page overhead and complexity. Don't forget to remove the temp <table> </table> tags before saving and previewing in Actinic

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                          X