missing link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing link

As a catalog new boy, I'm sure(!) this is not a big problem, but it's driving me mad:

The section link in the drop down section list does not go anywhere, it brings up a blank version of the page it is situated on. The text section link on the page works ok.
    Also, the back to top of page link works on the brochure pages, but not the catalog pages.

Any help appreciated.
    flyingbooks secondhand, rare and collectable aviation books and publications

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got

All the links you refer to use JavaScript. It sounds as if JavaScript is not enabled in your browser.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I looked at IE6 settings, and all three Java options
      (console, logging, and compiler) listed in advanced options are checked, so, unless I'm missing something, it ain't that? Can you suggest anything else please? If you need more info from me, just let me know.

Comment

What I would really need to see is your site online so we can all see the problem for ourselves. Is that possible?

Comment

Thanks again Chris. After a few problems with the upload settings, I have now got the shop online at http://shop.actinic.com/trials/trial0818/

The links now work, (but not in offline preview!) However, the checkout does not appear to be working, but I haven't had time to look at the reason why.....yet!!

Thanks once again for your help, and if you do decide to have a look at my shop, please bear in mind it is nowhere near the finished article. Cheers.

Comment

If you are using an Actinic trial server, which it looks like you are, then it may be there is no SSL certificate on the server.

Try unchecking 'SSL on' in 'Business Settings | Payment and Security' and the uploading.

Comment

Thanks for that: you were right about the ssl server. I unchecked this option and it works ok now. I am using the trial server to get everything ready, before uploading to my own domain. Still can't get the top-of-page link to work though. (Maybe I 'll change my user name to "Arnie" because I've got a feeling I'll be back!!)

Comment

It looks like your templates are missing a

<a name="top"></a>

for some reason.

You could add this in manually into the 'Default Overall Layout Template' (in 'Design | Options | Layouts') just below the 'BODY' tab if you want.

Comment

Don't know why that went missing: I haven't altered any templates. Anyway, problem solved!
                  Thanks again Chris.

Comment

Working...
                  X