Shipping Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Question

We will be using the shipping by weight option in our new store. Here in Australia we are charged different rates based on distance. So I have set up different zones to cover that as well.

My question is: We want to try and see how offering a flat Shipping fee (of $10) will affect our sales. So we want to charge $10 for each order regardless of location in Australia and order size.

Is there a way I can do this and still keep my tables in tact so if the $10 experiment does not work out I can quickly and easily reinstate the weight/distance model. Or do I need to remove all my tables and just put $10 everywhere?

I thought of just putting the flat shipping charge in place but that will affect international orders, and I want the international orders to remain based on weight.

can you not just keep it as defined by weight but, for Australia, enter the charge as $10 for all weight bands?

That's effectively what we used to do at Jesters, entering £0 for all weight bands for UK delivery and charges by weight for the other countries.
    Tracey

Comment

If you need to keep the current setup so you can switch back, then make a backup of your ShipControl folder, before implementing the changes Tracey suggests.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill and Tracey,

I was thinking that that would be the only way to do it. I'll make a back up of the Shipping Control Folder. Is this it's only purpose. I'm thinking... will I muck something else up if I reinstall the Shipping Control Folder at a later date?

Comment

Working...
        X