No announcement yet.

Site Test results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic isn't complicated if you have the correct settings.

I would email your host and ask them to send you an import file with all the settings in.

Or find out if anyone else in this forum hosts with the same company, and get the settings from them.

Have you done a test to see if perl works on your space. Try uploading a simple cgi script to see if it works.

Run something like perldiver to get the paths to perl and sendmail.

Comment

send your host this file
      Attached Files
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks. I'll do that. In the meantime, something is definitely wrong here. I took a look at the source code of some other succesful actinic websites and amended some of my html link tags accordingly. For example, 'View Basket' is 'www.jadeshoes.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART' and in the quick search I have:

<form name=simplesearch action="http://www.jadeshoes.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl" method="GET">
        <td width="90">
        <input type="text" name="SS" size="18" value="Quick search" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
        <input type=HIDDEN name="PR" value="-1">
        <input type=HIDDEN name="TB" value="A">
        <input type=HIDDEN name="SHOP" value="">
        </td><td width="63">
        <input id=ACTION name=ACTION src="acatalog/simplesearch.gif" type=image width="25" border=0 height="20" value="Search" alt="Go!">
        </td>
        </form>

but in all cases, I just seem to be redirected to the homepage. I am awaiting replies from my hosts technical support for networksettings. This is so odd!

Comment

Working...
        X