Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding a new field in the checkout stage

HI,

I was wondering if it was possible to add another field to Act_order01.html which said company name? I had a quick go by adding it in dreamweaver hard coded but it didnt seem to work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Adding a field into the templates is not going to work I am afraid, because the scripts will not be expecting the extra field, so it will simply be ignored.

However, go into Design | Text and click the Go to at the bottom of the dialog and go to:

Phase 0
    ID: 3

A company line will be shown, which click the checkbox to 'show' and that should do the job nicely for you

Comment

Is there another way??

Hello,

My Client is now asking if it is possible to add these fields on the checkout and Will it show up on confirmation email or invoice or both?

Type of Customer:
      Trade
      Domestic/DIY

If you are an existing customer please enter your Account code (if known)
      Acc. Code:

I know these options arnt avaliable to turn on in actinic itself but is there another way I can add them please??

Many thanks

Angi
      skatewarehouse.co.uk
      progrow.co.uk
      cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Have a look at www.drillpine.biz - Norman has something that allows you to have multiple other info prompts.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for that, my only problem is the shop is set up so that the quantity is in the shopping basket rather than the product page which is how Norman has written the script for it to work.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

Angi
          skatewarehouse.co.uk
          progrow.co.uk
          cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Angi,

You could perhaps look at using the 'General Information' fields in the checkout area. This is in Design | Text | Web Site(Cont) | General Information. The last three options are UserDefinable Fields that you can change to your requirement, by editing the text on the right hand side. If you select 'Show' it will be shown on the checkout page, if you select 'Required' then it becomes a mandatory field.

If you have a copy of the Advanced User Guide ( Download here ), take a look on page 68 for the topic, 'Adding Extra Fields into the Customer Email'. This will help you create extra fields in the email generated by Actinic and include the information from the 'General information' fields.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X