Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Index page problem

Hi

My store had non-actinic index page for a while but the other night I was experimenting and when I refreshed the site, I was asked if I wanted to use the Actinic index page rather than my own, I clicked yes and uploaded.

Didn't like what was there so tried to revert and it didn't work. I unticked the 'Use as Website Home' on the Home page and on Design : Options : Misc : Home Page Link I have http://www.ukcountrystore.co.uk/index.htm. I've uploaded but still when you type in http://www.ukcountrystore.co.uk, the Actinic page is there.

I've tried Help : Troubleshooting : Web Purge & Refresh but still the problem remains. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

Even though you have deselected the Actinic page it is still going to be there - you need to upload the original page yourself to overwrite what is there at the moment

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hmmm, the page I see has no BASEHREF so may not be an Actinic page - I did find a repeated reference to a link.css file, but no reference to actinic.css could it be browser cache that is catching you out?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. I uploaded the original page again but problem was still there. Cleared the cache, tried again and it's working fine. Phew!

Thanks again.

Andy

Comment

A common problem is Actinic appending .html whilst other programs default to .htm .... whilst seen as different pages by the server it is an issue if the browser is pointing to the folder and not the specific page.

In your case purging the cache removed the local version so you could see the newly upload page.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X