Customer Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Accounts

I have a site where maintenance, design etc. is done here from Denmark, and my customer in UK only cares about Order processing (V6 Business, Options: Order processing only).

When establishing new customers with login, customer category etc. I would like them to do this, but cannot see how it can be done with their machine set to Order Processing only, is there something I am missing?

The way we do it now:
    1 Customer fill in details on a form at the site.

2 UK company add login, password & customer category(pricing) and resend to me.

3 I establish customer with details and upload to site

4 I check customer is established & login is working

5 I return mail to UK saying customer is established with requested details, -or changes if login was used by existing customer.

6 UK send mail to customer with his login details.

I know they can temporarily allow Catalog Maintenance and upload, but what about design changes, prices etc which I am doing daily, and won't be on their machine.

Is it possible, or do I have to live with our current method?

You would probably have to enable 'Catalog Maintenance' on their machine, but then what you can do is:

1) They download the order and click the 'Create Customer Account' button on the 'Customer' tab of the order.

2) They assign a username and password.

3) They go to 'File | Export' and choose just to export Customer Accounts and then they send the exported file to you.

You can then update the store with the new customers from the exported file.

Comment

Thanks Chris,
      any thoughts for the future about this, as it really belongs to
      the order/customer function?

Tom

Comment

No thoughts for the future at the moment, but I will add this to the wish list.

Comment

Hi Chris - I have a similar situation where order processing is done at location A and catalog maintenance is done at location B.

Using your suggestion below, do I then have to return a snapshot of the site to the ordering machine? i.e. does the ordering machine need the customer accounts setup on it in order to process orders?

TIA
          Regards
          David

Comment

No - order processing can be done without the customer accounts on that machine.

Ben
            Ben Popplestone
            Ecommerce website software

Comment

thanks Ben...
              Regards
              David

Comment

Working...
              X