Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free carriage over £300

Hi,

I have a client who would like to offer free carridge for over £300 but there are a few issues with the shipping that I need some help on please?

He said that a) if the total weight is 0kg and the spend is over £300 then carriage charge is waived. If the weight is between 100kg and 750kg then carriage is £45. For every additional 750kg another £45 must be added eg. 1400kg is £90.
    At the moment the weight calculation on the site is correct at £8.00 for up to 10kg and £4 per additional 10kg or part of. This means that the exceptions only occur when a) or b) apply.

At one point I was setting up discounts on certain products but that did not seem to work.

So any suggestions would be greatly appriectated.

Many thanks

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Can't see an item b).

Also not clear if all these heavy weights are for charges where the order value is over £300 or for all customers.

can you be a bit clearer?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Very unclear posting - so reading between the lines ...

The second part is easy - set the excess table to use "increment the highest value in table". You will need to set the shipping bands manually between 10kg and 100kg to take care of the £4.00 per 10kg increments upto the 100kg ceiling

Setting free shipping option wont work. Not knowing the product or quantities to be ordered the free delivered items possibly need to be given a very low weight (work out the average number required to get to say 9.0kg at £300.00) and set the weight of those products accordingly so 5kg to 9.0kg ships free but anything falling beneath is charged at £8.00 and anything over falls into the normal shipping bands.

Very complex and is a swings and roundabouts method for sure!

Food for thought anyways

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

This is what he had just emailed someone which might be explained better, please tell me what you think.

------------------------------------------------------------

The store is currently available at www.reddiseals.co.uk/acatalog. We need some customisation on the checkout area. I will try and explain.

The items in the store all have a weight of 0.00001kg with the exception of Lead Weights and Friction Stays which have accurate weights attributed to them. This means that if someone buys 70kg of lead weights they are charged £8 for the first 10kg and 6 x £4 for each additional 10kg making a total of £32 for carriage. If a customer buys lead weights or friction stays regardless of the amount they spend they will not have carriage waived.

Reddiseals want to have free carriage on items that weigh less than 10kgs if the customer spends £300 with the exception of lead weights and friction stays.

I suppose the variables you will need to know is that if a) total weight is 0kg and spend is over £300 then carriage charge is waived.

b) If the weight is between 100kg and 750kg then carriage is £45. For every additional 750kg another £45 must be added eg. 1400kg is £90.

The weight calculation on the site is correct at £8.00 for up to 10kg and £4 per additional 10kg or part of. This means that the exceptions only occur when a) or b) apply.

-------------------------------

Does that make a little more sense to you?

Thank you in advance

Angi
        skatewarehouse.co.uk
        progrow.co.uk
        cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Angi,

Jont's earlier post is the way to go I guess. The 'Free Over' option in checkout is a global one and cannot be restricted depending on weight of the products ordered. Being able to apply volumetric calculations on shipping is a 'Wish List' item and I will add your vote in there.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

What I have tried now is to select all the light items and apply them to a product group so when you do spend over £300 pound a -£8 discount is applied when I tested it it worked fine but when the client tested it is kept applying more discount until it was almost -£90, I did make sure it applyed the discount per order.

Any ideas??

Thanks
            skatewarehouse.co.uk
            progrow.co.uk
            cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

On the Miscellaneous tab of 'Discount and Surcharge Settings' get the client to select one of the options against 'General', else to select 'Only One reward per order' on the discount setup ( Right at the bottom ).

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X