Strange search engine results - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange search engine results - Help!

Hi, I am getting some strange URL results coming up for search terms on msn.co.uk. If I type in mulberry tiara, my page comes up first but the url it brings up as the link is
    <LI class=first>www.derventiodesign.com/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?SECTIONID=Wedding%5fTiaras%2ehtml&NOLOGIN=1
    what is this? when I click on it is it says the link is no good and doesnt connect to my site. The correct url should www.derventiodesign.com/actalog/wedding_tiaras.html

This is happening with any of my search terms coming up, The search engine finds my site but cant connect to it. What is happening?
    Steve
    www.derventiodesign.com
    Jewellery Designers

See this thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=18853

Mike

PS.The reason the page isn't being found is because there's no ACTINIC_REFERRER after the link which means it's using the url of the referring site as the base reference.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for that. Still digesting it all! However I am not sure about the actinic_Referrer after the link. Isnt that something that should automatically be generated? If not what do I have to do? I recently changed the layout of products using javascript - is this why this problem has started to occur? I dont recall having problems with pages being found before.

Steve.

Comment

I just checked the site and the links on the left hand side do not work, the checkout pages too seem broken. If you navigate to the product in mention and add to cart it shows you a completely wrecked cart page. This is strange as the links should work under normal circumstances.

I would suggest doing a complete refresh of the site and then checking to see if the issue persists. Would be helpful if you compacted databases before the refresh, you can do this in Housekeeping | Compact Databases.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X