Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Address

Hi,

I've tried to apply the info from the the advanced guide to record the customers IP Address in the MISC tab. I've checked my code a few time, actually used the files from the Knowledge Base, but it still doesnt work.

For reference, im using Act V7 - evaluation and its hosted on the trial server.

Any ideas? Or perhaps there is an alternative. Fraud is a big problem - any ideas to combat this (IP and online fraud) :-)

Thanks
    UK Mobile Phone Accessories

Originally posted by zee_b
    Fraud is a big problem - any ideas to combat this
    The only real way is to stop trading! Not what you want to hear.

There has been a big thread on this before which is worth checking out as there are things you can do to minimize the risk but never remove it entirely.

Logging IP address is fine until the user disconnects with a dynamic IP and then re-connects with a new address.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Your site logs will give you your customers IPs and some PSPs also provide this with their email payment confirmation. You can search the logs for IIRC 'order confirmation' and you will see the order etc.

Duncan R

Comment

Hi guys,

I think ill remove the actinic IP code then ... I think observation of each and every transaction will be required.

Online fraud costs me greatly and its something i think many an e-business has to take on board. I know PSP can help, but on low value items sometimes its not worth having. I left Worldpay for this reason. Protx are better. And i think Nochex are good too - apparently guarantee against chargebacks.

Do you have a link to discussion - about online fraud.. would be very interested in that.

TA
        UK Mobile Phone Accessories

Comment

Zee,

If you do a search on teh Forum for the words 'Fraud' or 'Online Fraud' you shuld come up with several threads that deal with teh topic in one way or another.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X