Preventing users from selecting shipping rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preventing users from selecting shipping rates

I have a relatively complex shipping / discount problem and hoping that someone can suggest an alternative way of approaching it.

We ship to 3 zones, and have several shipping tiers assigned to each zone, all calculated by weight. We regularly run discounted shipping weekends where shipping is a flat rate of 50p, providing the cart value is above £30.

Users are prevented from selecting the 50p rate when their cart is under £30 by some Javascript, which looks at the raw cart value and removes the 50p option from the drop-down if required.

This has prevented 99% of users from selecting the wrong rate, but it is seemingly still possible to achieve. If the user selects the 50p rate, but then removes cart contents from another browser window, they can refresh the original window with the under-£30 cart and 50p rate. Sneaky.

Does anyone know of another way of preventing customers from doing this?
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Kermy,

Sorry if I cannot be of much help here but I think you have done all you can really. It would really take someone with intention to get to being that sneaky. I guess you will have to look out for those stray ones that come in with the odd shipping.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X