Email address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email address

If using customer accounts to drive site - is it possible to change delivery email address in checkout - so receipt goes to a different email address than the one set up in customer accounts. Or alternatively have a cc field to send addtional copy of receipt?

Business Settings|Ordering tab

allows you to sent a copy of the email to a different address

Comment

I need this option online in the checkout delivery page. I was hoping I could add a text field which would give customers the option to add a different email to the default email already set up in customer accounts?

David.

Comment

If you open a customer account and go to the 'Buyer' tab, look below 'Delivery Address', choose 'Allow user to select or enter new Address', this will allow the person to enter new delivery address details which also have an email address that gets a notification as well as gets downloaded with the order.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce,

I dont seem to be able to get this to work. I have an account setup with Main account and buyers who can creat a new address in checkout. When they checkout, enter a new delivery address, enter the email address. The new email address does NOT get a copy of the purchase email. What am I doing wrong??

Comment

Mark,

Am able to replicate this on my site too. Will take a look and get back to you.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

Can you try the following please:

1. Take a backup of your current 'c:\program files\actinic v7\sites\<site name>\OrderScript.pl file
              2. Edit the above file in notepad
              3. Search for 'sub DisplayReceiptPhase' then search for '$$pBuyer EmailAddress}' - you should see...

Code:
              if (!$$pBuyer{EmailAddress})
                       {
                       ACTINIC::RecordErrors(ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 280), ACTINIC::GetPath());     }
              push(@aRecipients, $$pBuyer{EmailAddress});
              Immediately after the above insert....

Code:
              if (($::g_ShipContact{EMAIL}) && ($::g_ShipContact{EMAIL} ne $$pBuyer{EmailAddress}))
                       {
                       push(@aRecipients, $::g_ShipContact{EMAIL});
                       }
              Save and Exit
              Update site.

The current way of working is to send the email to the Main Account and the Buyer. This change will send the email to the Main Account, the Buyer and the Delivery eMail Address if different from the buyer address.

If the Delivery eMail is to replace the Buyer eMail then comment out the Buyer line with a # as below...

Code:
              # push(@aRecipients, $$pBuyer{EmailAddress});
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X