shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping

At present i'm trying to get one product up and running perfectly so i know everything works...

...but i'm having problems galore. I spoke to actinic who are usually quite good but on this instance the guy could only only answer 1 out of my 4 Q's.

My main prob. is with shipping. I'm going to be selling clothing (in wholesale as well) online. Some t-shirts are sold in 'cases' of 100 and some of '70' etc.

I want to set up a 'minimum delivery charge' so if they buy 1-100 t-shirts (e.g for a 'case' of 100) they get charged ?7.99 and then ?4.50 per case thereafter.

E.g.
    on a qty of 2 = ?7.99 (fixed min charge for less then case qty)
    100 = ?7.99
    110 = ?7.99 + ?4.50
    200 = ?7.99 + ?4.50
    300 = ?7.99 + (?4.50 x 3)

I would like to define different case qty's for different products if poss.

Is any of this possible? He thinks not..
    (but something similar has been done at www.morija.com)

www.europeanwear.com
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

I think you can ship by quantity and then set up your shipping table as follows:

Quantity | Cost
    100 | £7.99

Then set the excess rules to charge an extra £4.50 per 100 t-shirts ordered.

The problem, as you rightly identify, is if you have different charges for different types of products. You may be able to spoof this by charging shipping by weight and then having each t-shirt weigh 1 kg and then each CD (or whatever) weighing 0.5 kg. That way, CDs would incur half the shipping charge of T-Shirts.

The other thing you can do is have a flat rate of shipping of £7.99 no matter how many you order, and then supply a non-optional component called 'Shipping' costing £4.50 with each 'Pack of 100 T-Shirts' product sold.

Comment

thanks

i think the best option is to use weight like you suggested as this way i can have different case qty's.

Many thanks
      Des
      ________
      Firepower
      Business Plus V9.0.5
      Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Working...
      X