Simple search not indexing Reference information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple search not indexing Reference information

We're having some problems with our newest site's simple search not drawing up on the information in each product's reference field.

Please try this at www.probizwear.com

I checked into our Act_Primary file & this code looks correct: <Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/>

What do you think?

Thanks!

Have you got the configuration set to what you are after in View | Search Settings?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I truly believe so. See: http://www.probizwear.com/ss.jpg

Also all the characters I use in the references are valid too.

Comment

I did a simple search on "oxford sleeve" and it returned 3 results - but - the link is white text on white background!

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Well the problem is the style numbers for the products which are listed in the references are not searching properly. For example, an apron with the style F23, etc.

The terms in the product body descriptions are searching fine but not the product references.

This is mainly for our own employees but we do have lots of customers who know precisely what style/lot number they want.

Comment

I think the issue is because of the # you have in front of the Ref number you have created. When the scripts run the # in front of the refrence number is causing the script to ignore it and hence it is not showing up. Try removing the # and then you should be able to find by Product ref.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hrm...I would say that sounded like a great possibility however our main site has a # in front of each reference & it produces search results correctly.

For example, go to www.uniformcorner.com & search for 8714. You'll get the correct lab coat for that style.

www.probizwear.com was piggybacked off that site's actinic snapshot, so I'm having a hard time understanding what it different about the way the work.

Both sites are hosted on Windows Plesk servers, just in case that makes a difference.

Any ideas?

Comment

Are you using product duplicates?

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Nope. Some of the same products in the snapshot remained in Actinic but they aren't duplicates.

Comment

I think I've found the answer! My references that were typed out in a way such as Fame F72 did not get a result, but when I chanced them to F72 Fame it works. I just have to rearrange the order.

Comment

Working...
                    X