Two Stores On One Hosting Package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Stores On One Hosting Package?

Hi, I've already set up one website and am looking to start another. I was wondering if it's possible for me to run two copies of Actinic (one catalogue, one business) on the same web hosting package? If it's any help I have the 1&1 Professional Package. Thanks for any help you might be able to give!

Yes you can. Just add another domain name and point it to a directory off your root 0 just like you presumably have your existing shop domain set up at the moment. You can have multiple cgi-bin directories with 1and1.
    Should be no problem, at least at the hosting side.

Perhaps someone else could give you more info regarding running Actinic Catalog & Business on the same PC though - not sure about that.

Duncan R

Comment

With the ten domain names on offer I see no reason why not, but please do take notice of mirror sites found on this forum

No problem with Catalog and business as i have run them on the same computer before
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi,

Perhaps someone else could give you more info regarding running Actinic Catalog & Business on the same PC though
        You can do this by buying a second license. Go to 'File | Sites | License new site' and give the second site a unique name and enter your new key. Highlight the new site and click 'Activate' and you will be presented with the default site where you can then start making your changes. You can then swap between the two sites to download orders or update changes by going to 'File | Sites', select the relevant one and click 'Activate'.

You can also have the two sites on one hosting package and they can use the same cgi-bin if necessary. Just make sure that the 'CGI Script ID' number in the 'Advanced | Network Setup' for each site is a unique number.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X