Email Customisation for Translated Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Customisation for Translated Text

A second web site in Spanish. Operated locally, but fully using Spanish language text. The development is now almost complete. The only problem remaining is how to customise the english text labels etc. in the e-mails sent to customers from the PC (Orders section). For example, the template file Act_OrderShipEmail.txt uses the following NETQUOTEVARS: CUSTOMER_DATA, ORDER_DATA, ORDER_LINES, & ORDER_TOTALS. I need to be able to change the English text labels produced, such as Customer/Recipient Details and so on. There seems to be no way of doing this. Not even in Design/Text, the database, various files have been looked at, knowledge base etc.

It should be a simple matter of pasting in the Spanish text as with rest of the site. But I just can’t locate where to do it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks - Phil R – Developer.

templates are text format I have attached them I think this is what you are after.. They are from site1 folder
    Attached Files
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

NETQUOTEVARS!!!

Many thanks Gary. However, the ordinary text has been pasted over in the .txt files ok. It is what is producded by the NETQUOTEVARS; for example, NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_DATA produces spanish data but with english labels. It is only these english labels for the customer email that I need to paste over with spanish. See Orders - View an order - Mail - New - Template.

Thanks Phil R.

Comment

Hi me again! After sending previous post had this email from Actinic:

Ah! This might prove to be difficult as they will be substituted by the program (unlike on the web site, where a script can normally be adjusted). I will ask the development staff to see if there is anything that can be tweaked.

I will let you know what they reply later...

Still interested in any possible solutions. Thanks again all.

Phil R.

Comment

REPLY FROM ACTINIC

Well I had a reply from Actinic:

Unfortunately I have had my suspicions confirmed by the development staff. These prompts are embedded within the program itself and cannot be changed.

So it looks like no go! I am somewhat surprised, given the lengths Actinic goes to provide a customisable application. I guess there will have to be some compromise solution.

Comment

Sorry about the issue you have hit with the software. Just to let you know that this has been reported as a bug and should be fixed in future release.

Comment

Language support

Hi I'm looking at whether Actinic could be use to build foriegn language sites e.g. Polish which use different character sets. Has anyone had any joy?

Comment

Re: Language support

Originally posted by fletche
                Hi I'm looking at whether Actinic could be use to build foriegn language sites e.g. Polish which use different character sets. Has anyone had any joy?
                Apart from the above mentioned draw-back, Actinic is proving highly customisable, and a client is about to go live with a Spanish language site. The site requires, for example, accented characters (and others). These though are part of the ASCII character set normally used in UK and Western Europe. I'm not sure but you might need to use an extended character set for Polish. Try creating some Polish text in say Word and then paste it into Actinic. Besides the obvious translation of products, info, terms etc., there are all the prompts, warnings, error messages etc that need to be changed if you are considering a full foreign language site. Hope this helps!

Comment

Polish language support

Thanks I've tried this, I've also tried keying in the Unicode values directly. Some work some don't. For the Polish character set Actinic just shows a question mark.

Any other ideas.

A large proportion of the web community does not speak English.

I have tries, , and , they all seem to have the same problem.

Best regards

Comment

Actinic version 4 was available in German, French and Italian so presumably different character sets can be used.

I've tried to put CzeϾ into Actinic here but if you paste it into the checkout prompts then the accents are lost, you can put it into the database and it looks fine but then when you view it in Actinic or on a site preview the accents have gone again. I had the PC set up to by Polish when I tried it but it didn't help at all.

I would suggest placing a support query with Actinic because I'm sure that there will be a few foreign language experts there that can help.

Regards
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Is there a fix yet?

Originally posted by cdicken
                      Sorry about the issue you have hit with the software. Just to let you know that this has been reported as a bug and should be fixed in future release.
                      Has this been fixed yet? I'd like to be able to edit these emails as well but don't seem to be able to find out how.

Thanks
                      Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
                      http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Sorry - it does not look like this is fixed yet. Things like 'Sincerely' and 'Order Number' are available to edit. But things like 'Customer/Recipient' are not.

Comment

Going Spanish

We want to start selling in Spain - www.fastdisplays.co.uk , www.fastframes.co.uk - are you available to help us ?

Sam

sam@fastdisplays.co.uk

Originally posted by Phil R
                          A second web site in Spanish. Operated locally, but fully using Spanish language text. The development is now almost complete. The only problem remaining is how to customise the english text labels etc. in the e-mails sent to customers from the PC (Orders section). For example, the template file Act_OrderShipEmail.txt uses the following NETQUOTEVARS: CUSTOMER_DATA, ORDER_DATA, ORDER_LINES, & ORDER_TOTALS. I need to be able to change the English text labels produced, such as Customer/Recipient Details and so on. There seems to be no way of doing this. Not even in Design/Text, the database, various files have been looked at, knowledge base etc.

It should be a simple matter of pasting in the Spanish text as with rest of the site. But I just can’t locate where to do it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks - Phil R – Developer.

Comment

Going Spanish

Am looking for a company/developer to help us start selling in Europe using Actinic.

Are you available?

sam@fastdiisplays.co.uk

Comment

Just a point with the emails Sam, if you use One Stop Order Processing to send out email then you will not have the issue of translating email text with one exception which is the email that is sent out automatically when someone places an order online.

Regards,
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Multichannel order processing
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                              X