Need quite a lot of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need quite a lot of help

Hi, i am helping out a friend while she is indisposed and having all sorts of problems.

Things were running ok then after hosting company fixed something got error message saying "SSL settings have been changed do upload before download" on upload got message saying Merge file problem. Got onto host who changed the perl script permission to 755 and upload was then ok but when looked at web site items were appearing that had previously been deleted from the tree (unless you are supposed to cut instead of delete) and then when you click on the image error message 404 appears. About 30 items are affected in different fragments.

I don't understand why the upload, then refresh web site loaded items that are not in the tree and i don't want them there. I tried compacting the database at one stage because i thought re-loading the back up would help but then i got 2 fatal errors, archive error 5 and active error 13 plus library error creating file.
    (Package is V7 business)
    I just want things back the way they were before i received the SSL error it was running fine.

Please help anyone, if you can, many grateful thanks, i feel as though i am now married to my computer !

First I think you should backup the database, snapshot etc of what you have - don't want to make this worse.

Then - it sounds like you have a number of items that are deleted but not purged from the database - if this is the case then purge these items and compact the database. Then retry to purge and reload the site.

You could also run the network wizard to double check you network settings are definitely correct.

If this still doesn't work then you could try to renumber your scripts (for eg from ..001 to ..002 perhaps) and try again.

Hopefully others will have some other suggestions too.

Duncan R

Comment

some else had a problem a few days ago and discovered there were old html pages in the folder called Site_HTML. remove the contents of this folder too

Comment

I had a similar problem, Jo's suggestion above seemed to do the trick.
        Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
        http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Site_HTML Query

Hi,

Thanks very much for the rely, can you just clarify whether i am just deleting the ones that i don't want the images for ? or does deleting the whole file then enable me to re-create on web refresh ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Comment

you can delete the entire contents of the folder called Site_HTML as it will be recreated by the application

Comment

This is the message:

Hi I am really sorry to be a pain as i am quite new to looking after this stie and dont want to mess things up beyond all recognition. When you say it will be regenerated by the application, will i need to chose web refresh or upload as i can't see how the system recreates if i delete. Also i only have opportunity to delete by using Wyse FTP as my C Drive does not let me edit the program files. There is also one dreamweaver file in there - not quite sure why.

Thanks for your assistance
              Site_HTML is on your C drive, the path is probably something like

C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce V7\Sites\Site1\Site_HTML

use explorer to delete the contents of the folder, the next time you do an update or refresh the folder will be repopulated

Comment

Really and Truly Grateful

Hi,

Thanks very much for all the help you have give, it worked a treat and i am so relieved.

Keep up the good work, you all do a brilliant job on this forum ?

Comment

Working...
                X