Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment options

Hi everyone
    I have set up in payment and security three different payment methods, card, cheque, postal order, this has been working on the site since we launched but now it is not showing these options and instead is asking for the card details on the actual site page, without the golden padlock showing!and then taking the customer through to protx, our PSP.
    Does anyone have any idea what I have or havnt done! to make this happen, is there something I need to select or deselect?

This comes up when I try to upload the site with SSL 'checkout pages and customer login only'selected

'An error occurred when trying to connect to the server. This can happen when the server is unreachable or you have set up an SSL server, but this server can not accept SSL connections, or Windows is confused about proxy settings. If you have Internet Explorer or another application configured to work with a proxy, the settings should be the same for Actinic Ecommerce. Please check your connection first.'

I have very limited knowledge!so please be gentle!

Thanks in advance
    Helz x

www.helbentdesigns.co.uk
    Last edited by Helz; 31-Jan-2006, 11:05 AM. Reason: adding something

Do you have an SSL certificate bought and installed in the name of your web domain? The SSL tickbox is only used if you do.

If you are trying to make a setting to say that Protx is secure, you do not need this.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill
      I dont have an SSL certificate, as far as I was told Protx was all I needed to make the site secure?
      Do you advise to get an SSL certificatee? and any ideas on why my pament options arent showing?

Thank you

Comment

It looks like you have selected the "Credit card details captured for later processing" and left the default setting ie unsecure page.

What you need to do is from the payment options tab select protex and then configure the option by entering the account details sent to you by protex.

Remember to delete the current payment option.

Comment

Unselect the 'SSL on checkout pages and customer login only' option, as this only applies if you have your own SSL certificate. Maybe put some wording on your site to explian to customers that Protx provide the card security for the site.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks so much Bill and Mal(again)!
            All sorted now, followed your instructions Mal and that was the problem!
            Thanks again
            Helz x

Comment

Working...
            X