JS Dropdown menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JS Dropdown menu

Hello, I know this isnt an Actinic product, as such, but I see there is plenty of mention about it on these forums.

I am wanting to see how the NorTree dropdown menu works and will hopefully be able to use it on our site. However, I cant even install the programme :S

I have gone through the readme file and configured the primary html page, moved the tri.gifs but when I load up NorTree I get the error message

"Could not open Key Software\Actinic\Catalog7\Sites\MicroConnectHome\InstallRoot"

I have installed Actinic and Nortree on my D-drive rather than my C-drive but I cant see that being a problem. I cant even follow the rot to get to the InstallRoot file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Can you tell me the version of Actinic you are using? E.g. 7.0.3, 7.0.4, etc.

Also was this a clean install of Actinic? I.e. Did you have an earlier version installed, or was the current version the first installation?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Apologies Norman,

I am using v7.

Thanks

Comment

I've just amended my post above to ask for some extra information.

Comment

It was clean.

Comment

Is there an development Norman? do you need some more informtion?

Thanks
            James

Comment

Actinic recently changed the branch of the registry that they use to keep information about the current site. It looks like this breaks NorCascade if it's a clean recnet V7 version installation.

This should be easy to fix but I'll have to see it fail on a system I can tinker with.

Can you tell me the 3 digit version number you're using. E.g. 7.0.4, 7.0.5, etc?

Comment

I am using Developer v 7.0.5.0.0.FJBA. Dont know if the extra numbers/letters help but better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks again
                James

Comment

OK. Now I know what to investigate. It looks like a clean installation of 7.0.5 fails if there has never been a prior V7version installed.

People who had a prior release of Actinic V7 installed seem OK.

I'll have to find a system without Actinic V7 on it to tinker with. This may take a day or two.

Comment

Great, thanks Norman.

I look forward to your discoveries...

James

Comment

A new version is now uploaded. See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/nortree for the download.

Comment

Works a treat now.

Thanks for all your help Norman...

Comment

Working...
                        X