Components, attributes, permutations, spinning head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Components, attributes, permutations, spinning head

Hello All. I'm in need of a little help regarding atributes, components etc. I've sorted out the bottled beer side of the site no problem there. I allso sell beer boxes. 10 litres (18 pints) and 20 litres (35 pints). I have 9 different beers. Each beerbox will be priced differently according to the beer chosen. I need a nice easy, straightforward way of presenting this to my customers. ie. have 20 litre beerbox as the product and give them the option of choosing which beer they would like it to be filled with and then the correct price is displayed depending on their choice.

Having read up on loads of stuff and played around with different options, I'm fairly sure this can be done using components, attributes and/or permutations but I'm struggling to make sense of it all. I'm sure this is staring me in the face but I just can't see it!

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Cheers

Hi there!
    What Ive done on my sites is use a 'header' product, its a dummy product that I attach the components to that are the 'real' products.
    So the headers in your case would be 10 litre boxes and 20 litre boxes, then under each of them you would have a component that would actually represent the box of beer. On that component put an attribute that would be the type of beer, your types of beer would be listed as choices.
    Now select the component and under 'Permutations' you would add lines for each beer type and the corresponding product code in 'Product' , use 'Associated Product' as the 'Pricing' and make sure 'Valid' is ticked!
    Back to the dummy product in the 'General' tab you have a little section at the bottom called 'Component Details', your pricing model should be 'Sum of Component Prices' and the tickbox for 'No Order Line For Main Product' should be ticked, this means the header product wont appear on the cart but the components will!

I hope this all helps!

Mark

Comment

Working...
    X